Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: NAT Type 3 - and how to change it

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Does anyone have the correct vpn settings for phones? I cant get it to work on my phone but the modem works perfectly with the settings I posted above. There are more settings on the phone, that's not on the modem, such as port numbers etc which I don't have/know
    You should just have to change the APN to mtnvpn

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by XbatousaiX View Post
    You should just have to change the APN to mtnvpn
    I tried that but it doesn't connect. But the same sim in a modem with the apn set to mtnvpn it works just fine. There are more settings on the phone and I think the ones that are left blank meant to have something there

Oupa
    <3 Shadow of the Colossus Remake
    Game IDs
    Experience

After 1000 years my NAT is finally on Type 2 When I saw the switch it was as if the heavens opened up and I could hear the angel's singing.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vecta View Post
    After 1000 years my NAT is finally on Type 2 When I saw the switch it was as if the heavens opened up and I could hear the angel's singing.
    I’m about to start the process on my side? Any tips or advice you can offer when putting the query through for the first time? Did you call or send an e-mail?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SgtFiddler View Post
    I’m about to start the process on my side? Any tips or advice you can offer when putting the query through for the first time? Did you call or send an e-mail?
    I done everything - called literally near 15 times, went into stores (but they outright said they cant help me), sent several e-mails... Honestly I'd suggest you stick to e-mail as 90% of the consultants who I reached on the phone had ZERO idea what MTN's VPN service even is, you're just gonna get frustrated as heck.

In the end I got to 809(at)mtn(dot)coza with the subject VPN Activation Required, and in the body listed only Contract Account Holder, Cell Number Required for Activation and my Contact Number.

This was then forwarded on to customercare(at)mtn(dot)coza who corresponded with updates, then I followed the apn instructions from within this thread.

6. Saying Thanks:

Fid (December 20th, 2017),  Nadir (December 20th, 2017)  

Experience

In the end I got to 809(at)mtn(dot)coza with the subject VPN Activation Required, and in the body listed only Contract Account Holder, Cell Number Required for Activation and my Contact Number.

This was then forwarded on to customercare(at)mtn(dot)coza who corresponded with updates, then I followed the apn instructions from within this thread.
    How long did it take for them to get back to you?

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

How long did it take for them to get back to you?
    Hey bud In terms of e-mail response, they replied within 2 days.

In terms of the entire process from start to eventually being resolved, it took months..

9. Saying Thanks:

Nadir (December 20th, 2017)  

Experience

I done everything - called literally near 15 times, went into stores (but they outright said they cant help me), sent several e-mails... Honestly I'd suggest you stick to e-mail as 90% of the consultants who I reached on the phone had ZERO idea what MTN's VPN service even is, you're just gonna get frustrated as heck.

Thanks man, this’ll help a lot.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

11. Saying Thanks:

Vecta (December 20th, 2017)  

Experience

Using a Huawei E5577, its a portable lte modem. My bro stole my B315, but he has the same settings

Here are the settings
    Attachment 84083

Thats the network test
    Attachment 84084

On the MTN active website, under "My services" tab, does yours have packet switched data? That's the only optional service that's new for me after I activated the dual call sim
    Attachment 84085
    Hi

I am struggling with my MTN VPN setup. Do you need to use and username and password? and what should it be?

Many Thanks

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by lucian View Post
    Hi

I am struggling with my MTN VPN setup. Do you need to use and username and password? and what should it be?

Many Thanks
    Nope there is no password. The space just auto-fills with the dots for me

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456