Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 153132333435

Thread: Show off your PC build.

Addicted Member
    I don't know the cool kids haven't placed me yet...
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by FiveStarZA View Post
    Patience, planning and a decent case all help. Loved the built in cable management on my corsair and phanteks cases. Coolermaster, not so much.
    There's my problem, I have a CM case....

Quote Originally Posted by QuiXilver View Post
    Lol I still think mine is shoddy. It was a lot worse. When I started upgrading last year it's part of the reason I wanted a big case; to make cable mgt easier. It's definitely possible in midi or even micro cases with the shrouds (what I wish they included on my case) and routing holes and even little indents to use cable ties. A little planning goes a long way, I've learnt.

The video I watched recently of Jayz Two Cents (whose channel I love btw) shows how he manages cables. He separates them and although wastes a lot of cable ties to temporarily keep cables out of the way makes things a hell of a lot easier to group and looks classy af when he's done.

I disconnected and started doing that this past Monday. My lighting cables were the worst and everything was basically squashed on the opposite side. To the point where the panel was bulging. It's still not perfect as I'd need a full day to sort it out. But at least I can close that panel comfortably.

Edit...

Here's the vid

Ah, thanks bud, I'll look at that video. Yeah, Jay is cool. I really did a hatchet job with mine.

Experience

Default Show off your PC build.

My build before I got my Strix 1080Ti. Current build is the same but with the Strix. Got some rgb goodness going on in there when the sun goes down.

3. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (September 27th, 2018),  FiveStarZA (September 27th, 2018),  Gouko_Tenrou (September 27th, 2018),  PaPaBeeR (September 27th, 2018),  SLYGUY (October 20th, 2018)  

Addicted Member
    I don't know the cool kids haven't placed me yet...
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Madala_ZA View Post
    My build before I got my Strix 1080Ti. Current build is the same but with the Strix. Got some rgb goodness going on in there when the sun goes down.

Nice one bud. This gives me some ideas about moving my HDD cage

5. Saying Thanks:

Madala_ZA (October 20th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Madala_ZA View Post

That is a schweet build.

7. Saying Thanks:

Madala_ZA (October 20th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Selecta View Post
    Nice one bud. This gives me some ideas about moving my HDD cage
    On that same note, I want / need to get rid of mine at a later stage. There's about 8tb total across 3 hdd's. Can't afford ssd's or nvme's totalling that.

Do internal 2.5" enclosures exist? Something like an ssd case. A surface Google search wasn't much help.

Or am I stuck getting an external hdd?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    If anyone wonders about why I don't post pics of my builds in this thread its because my builds are pretty generic. The hardware that goes in might be the stuff of dreams but I don't do the RGB thing. It's just a huge case with big fans and wide open spaces. Easy to install anything and nothing is in the way. Then I have some cable management issue because some of the openings was too small to fit the pins through.

Also I'm pretty sure I have an SSD just hanging in mid air.
    You still have the CM storm enforcer?

My cable management (more like what cable management) is a mess. Doesn't help that I have a micro atx in it. Cables everywhere.

Experience

New member of the family CoolerMaster MC500M

But it comes with a day (or evening) of blood, sweat and tears thank the gods for procrastination ! Now to muster up the courage to move everything across...

11. Saying Thanks:

FiveStarZA (October 20th, 2018),  Gouko_Tenrou (October 20th, 2018),  IwastheStig (October 21st, 2018),  QuiXilver (October 20th, 2018),  SLYGUY (October 20th, 2018),  Toi ZA (October 20th, 2018)  

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 153132333435