Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8385455565758

Thread: Official general purpose tabletop/board game discussion thread.

Married

Experience

I was waiting for the Viticulture Folded space insert to become available and finally bought it today. I still have Kemet's and 7 Wonder Duel's in my wishlist waiting for release. and still considering one for King of Tokyo and both of Scythe's.

Game IDs
    Experience

I must just pull my finger out my butt and learn a simple CAD program to create plans for laser cut inserts. Hell there are so many designs you can just copy online as well

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    I must just pull my finger out my butt and learn a simple CAD program to create plans for laser cut inserts. Hell there are so many designs you can just copy online as well
    Draftsight is a free (at least the 2018 version) if you don't mind 2D. It's pretty easy to work with as well.

Can't think of free 3D ones, unless you're a student. Inventor would probably be the most beginner friendly, if I remember right.

2D should be fine for insert cutting though, since most laser cutters use the DXF files for it.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

4. Saying Thanks:

Orihalcon (October 10th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Draftsight is a free (at least the 2018 version) if you don't mind 2D. It's pretty easy to work with as well.

Can't think of free 3D ones, unless you're a student. Inventor would probably be the most beginner friendly, if I remember right.

2D should be fine for insert cutting though, since most laser cutters use the DXF files for it.
    Thank you. Will give it a good look. 2D is perfect for my needs yes.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    Incidentally, if you want something laser cut, www.batcave.co.za might be worth asking. I sent them plans to cut the Caverna insert I found online (link) and the quote they gave me was a little over four (4) times less than what I got from Hot Ink for cutting the same parts.

Also, please don't put your finger in your butt. It's not hygienic.

7. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (October 10th, 2019)  

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    Incidentally, if you want something laser cut, www.batcave.co.za might be worth asking. I sent them plans to cut the Caverna insert I found online (link) and the quote they gave me was a little over four (4) times less than what I got from Hot Ink for cutting the same parts.

Can recommend batcave, although I've only ordered a boardgame from them. Quick and friendly service.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

9. Saying Thanks:

onelargeprawn (October 10th, 2019)  

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

Rather place it inside your batcave. Much more hygienic.

11. Saying Thanks:

onelargeprawn (October 10th, 2019)  

Married

Experience

There is a company in Bellville that does very good laser cutting and prices are pretty good. Cape Craft 0219814007. JP is pretty good and assisted me with a few non-board game related designs. jp@capecraft.co.za They run the company from a residential house.

13. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (Yesterday),  onelargeprawn (Yesterday)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by as3rn View Post
    There is a company in Bellville that does very good laser cutting and prices are pretty good. Cape Craft 0219814007. JP is pretty good and assisted me with a few non-board game related designs. jp@capecraft.co.za They run the company from a residential house.
    Thanks bud. The next time I want something made, I'll contact JP.

---

There's a Black Angel insert on Thingiverse (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3869047) that I'm interested in. I have no idea about the cost of getting that done - "not cheap" would be my initial estimate. Has anyone used a 3D printing service in Cape Town recently that they can recommend?

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8385455565758