Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29597576777879

Thread: Official general purpose tabletop/board game discussion thread.

Gaming Wizard
    I am not addicted to beer… It’s addicted to me.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    Folks a word of caution if you intend to use Raru to buy board games. On July 19, I ordered an item from the local supplier Solarpop who are based in Cape Town. I had credit from a previous unfulfilled order so I used that to pay in for this order.

Raru estimated the dispatch date at August 2, essentially that's 10 working days to fulfil an items from a supplier that is 25 minutes drive from their warehouse. I don't have an issue with this, sometimes things take time. The title has not delivered and when I queried it I got this reply:

And then I got this reply a few days later when I asked for an update:

It has been made aware to me that multiple people in the board gaming community have gotten the exact same message from Raru when querying their board game purchases. Frankly I am not sure I believe the above reasons considering other retailers do not seem to have any issues fulfilling orders from Solarpop in (much) less time than Raru. I will try to get more info from Raru and then proceed from there.

I just wanted to post this here, as I mentioned in the beginning, a word of caution if you intend to use Raru to buy board games.
    This sounds like a case of held accounts, whether due to payment difficulties, or other struggles between the company and supplier.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    Must say it feels like it's all going to **** at Raru. Haven't used them in a very long time but when i did i never had issues. But will certainly not be using them anytime soon - if they're even around still, which seems more and more unlikely.
    Yes the only reason I used them was because I had a credit from an unfulfilled order. Had I used any other retailers, I would have received my title in a week. If/when this issue gets resolved, I will not be using Raru as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    This sounds like a case of held accounts, whether due to payment difficulties, or other struggles between the company and supplier.
    Whatever they are, the reasons/excuses provided have been vague at best and give me no confidence. From their replies, they seem to be placing blame on the supplier's door. I'll be patient a bit longer and then I intend on including Solarpop in the conversation as well.

Gaming Wizard
    I am not addicted to beer… It’s addicted to me.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    Yes the only reason I used them was because I had a credit from an unfulfilled order. Had I used any other retailers, I would have received my title in a week. If/when this issue gets resolved, I will not be using Raru as well.

Whatever they are, the reasons/excuses provided have been vague at best and give me no confidence. From their replies, they seem to be placing blame on the supplier's door. I'll be patient a bit longer and then I intend on including Solarpop in the conversation as well.
    Do keep us updated if you do. And on the other side if this gets nuked XD
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Do keep us updated if you do. And on the other side if this gets nuked XD
    If I am able I will absolutely update all my posts here with whatever the outcome is. And if not here, definitely on the other side.

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29597576777879