Page 1 of 59 123452151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official general purpose tabletop/board game discussion thread.

Experience

Default Official general purpose tabletop/board game discussion thread.

MOD NOTE: These posts were split out from the Pandemic: Legacy thread to form a more general purpose board and/or tabletop gaming discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by IbiE View Post
    Played Pandemic, and absolutely love the game. I think the first ten times we tried it, we lost like 7 times Gotten more used to it now though!
    I can't play Pandemic, it's too much stress and pressure. I feel much the same way about Forbidden Island.

I'm looking at getting Coup and the card matching game Set. They're more suited to my style and pace.
    Last edited by Buffel; March 1st, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    I can't play Pandemic, it's too much stress and pressure. I feel much the same way about Forbidden Island.

I'm looking at getting Coup and the card matching game Set. They're more suited to my style and pace.
    The pressure is the fun behind it for me hahaha. Can't say some of my friends feel the same way

Never heard of Coup. So I went to Google and it does look pretty fun, review scores weren't too good though?

Very Senior Member
    bleh! bleh bleh!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Coup is absolutely great! A friend got Coup Resistance and it was good but not as great as normal Coup.

Experience

Never heard of Coup. So I went to Google and it does look pretty fun, review scores weren't too good though?
    I saw an episode of Geek and Sundry where Wil Wheaton and friends play Love Letter and Coup.

I *heart* Love Letter and seeing the game play, Coup looks like an interesting concept to me. The missus reckons she's a pretty convincing liar so this would be a perfect game to test out.

Pity Takealot doesn't stock Coup, I actually have to go outside, into a car, and into a mall to get it. #disgusted

@keenest - any idea if/when Raru will be getting more stock of Coup? http://raru.co.za/boards-dice/4584128-coup-card-game
    Last edited by onelargeprawn; July 4th, 2016 at 06:33 PM.

5. Saying Thanks:

IbiE (July 4th, 2016)  

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

If you'd come through to the board game day, you could have won a copy of Coup.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buffel View Post
    If you'd come through to the board game day, you could have won a copy of Coup.
    Sonofa...

I'm led to believe Wizards has it but that would entail me getting in a car and going to a mall. Eugh.

I'm also on the lookout for Jaipur and Hive. Where they at board games day too?

Experience

Sonofa...

I'm led to believe Wizards has it but that would entail me getting in a car and going to a mall. Eugh.

Get someone you know to get it for you

Friends/family always seem to be going to Cavendish, so whenever I need something from Wizards I just ask them.

Experience

Get someone you know to get it for you

Friends/family always seem to be going to Cavendish, so whenever I need something from Wizards I just ask them.
    Got a mate who lives near there, but then I'd have to get in a car and go to his house. Dang it!

I used to be able to send the missus out on errands but she's gotten a little resistant to that. She now orders food from Woolworths and gets it delivered to the house lol.

10. Saying Thanks:

IbiE (July 7th, 2016)  

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

Sonofa...

Nope. I actually haven't even heard of them before.

You could also order them from Timeless Board Games:

http://www.timelessboardgames.co.za/boardgames/coup/232
    http://www.timelessboardgames.co.za/...mes/jaipur/902

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buffel View Post
    Nope. I actually haven't even heard of them before.

You could also order them from Timeless Board Games:

http://www.timelessboardgames.co.za/boardgames/coup/232
    http://www.timelessboardgames.co.za/...mes/jaipur/902
    Thanks although I would prefer an option where I get free shipping #savedatmoney

Page 1 of 59 123452151 ... LastLast