Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Housemarque Holds Closed PS4 BETA For Nex Machina!

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Game IDs
    Experience

^^ apparently they're making prints for Salt and Sanctuary too.

Experience

Default Arcade is Dead.

Nex Machina is to be the last arcade game Housemarque makes.

However despite critical success and numerous awards, our games just havenít sold in significant numbers. While some of them have reached a massive audience due to free game offerings across various digital sales channels, this unfortunately doesnít help pay for development, which gets costly for high production quality. We are extremely grateful to our fans and partners, who have enabled us to work on awesome games like Super Stardust HD and Outland. For your unfailing love and support we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

But now itís time to move on to new genres. Lackluster sales of Nex Machinahave led us to the thinking that it is time to bring our longstanding commitment to the arcade genre to an end. While this genre will always hold a special place in our hearts, the industry is moving more toward multiplayer experiences with strong, robust communities, and itís time for Housemarque to move forward with the industry. Hence Nex Machina and Matterfall will be the last of their kind coming out of our studio. Our purpose as a company remains the same, however - to create enjoyable and memorable gaming experiences for players while simultaneously creating a great workplace that allows people to flourish both professionally and personally.
    The R319 price point was too much for me when it launched, and I see it's still the same price now. There was a solitary price drop to R187 for a few weeks in August.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    Nex Machina is to be the last arcade game Housemarque makes.

The R319 price point was too much for me when it launched, and I see it's still the same price now. There was a solitary price drop to R187 for a few weeks in August.
    Yeah I missed it. Logged on the day it ended been waiting since for another drop. And itís hdr. Pity Matterfall couldnít live up to the Standard they set with Nex Machina

Experience

Nex Machina now at a price acceptable (to me) -> R145.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345