Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Anyone still play?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    MH Addict
    Sam.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    357
    Experience

    Default Anyone still play?

    Hey guys, wondering if any one still plays? I decided to fire up my copy today...it didn't go well lol. I was pretty good at Enemy Unknown so I foolishly went in head first, and got answered by having my avatar (whom I spent the entire install time creating) blown to bits 1st in the 1st mission I guess this is xcoms way of welcoming me back. Anyone else feeling the pain?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    MH Addict
    Sam.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    357
    Experience

    Default

    Bump

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    MH Addict
    Sam.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    357
    Experience

    Default

    Double Bump ps. Is there a way to bump a thread without actually typing "bump"? Makes me feel guilty...

  4. #4
    Very Senior Member UrBaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Fourways, JHB
    Posts
    2,373
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    I play X-Com 2 every now and then. The annoying pauses where nothing happens for seconds after each action are frustrating me so I play in fits and starts.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    MH Addict
    Sam.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    357
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN View Post
    I play X-Com 2 every now and then. The annoying pauses where nothing happens for seconds after each action are frustrating me so I play in fits and starts.
    A survivor of the old war! lol, if I remember correctly EU had that same annoyance as well

  6. #6
    Addicted Member
    Unbowed Unbent Unbroken
    Ra33z_19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Centurion, Pretoria
    Posts
    2,809
    Experience

    Default

    I just recently purchased Xcom 2, but haven't had the chance to play it yet. I have fond memories of Xcom 1, especially when I first played it. I clearly remember the loss of a soldier (Justin Leach R.I.P) and getting freaked out by those Chryssalids when I first encountered them.

    I wanted to obtain the trophy for starting the game from each unique continental base and finishing the game, but it got way too tedious so I just moved on.

  7. #7
    Very Senior Member medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    2,280
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    I've stopped long ago, I think I finished the game like 5 times trying different things - over it now.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    MH Addict
    Sam.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    357
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ra33z_19 View Post
    I just recently purchased Xcom 2, but haven't had the chance to play it yet. I have fond memories of Xcom 1, especially when I first played it. I clearly remember the loss of a soldier (Justin Leach R.I.P) and getting freaked out by those Chryssalids when I first encountered them.

    I wanted to obtain the trophy for starting the game from each unique continental base and finishing the game, but it got way too tedious so I just moved on.
    I had to gun down my own man when he got mind controlled, it was early on so I didn't know you could break it....the 1st one had that independence day vibe, this looks like a totally different beast, in a good way!

    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    I've stopped long ago, I think I finished the game like 5 times trying different things - over it now.
    Guess I'm late to the party lol, you might dive back in with the new dlc coming soon

  9. Saying Thanks:

    Ra33z_19 (July 31st, 2017)  

  10. #9
    Senior Member Magn3t1c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    235
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN View Post
    I play X-Com 2 every now and then. The annoying pauses where nothing happens for seconds after each action are frustrating me so I play in fits and starts.
    If you play on pc, there is a mod that fixes the weird pauses.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    MH Addict
    Sam.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    357
    Experience

    Default

    Did anyone see the price of War of the Chosen on psn?? Might have to wait for black friday for that one

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •