Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ryzen PC build

Experience

In my case choosing if I want to upgrade will be easy though. All I need to see is what performance is like on the coffee lake. Claiming a 50% increase in multithreaded apps is bold but then again 2 more cores and 4 more threads does indeed translate into that performance. 10% on the single core performance is not much but I am running a 6700k atm so that should be 20% for me.

I'd actually like to see the 8700 vs 8700k results.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Xbone - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    In my case choosing if I want to upgrade will be easy though. All I need to see is what performance is like on the coffee lake. Claiming a 50% increase in multithreaded apps is bold but then again 2 more cores and 4 more threads does indeed translate into that performance. 10% on the single core performance is not much but I am running a 6700k atm so that should be 20% for me.

I'd actually like to see the 8700 vs 8700k results.
    Yeah same. If this pans out right, it could be a great CPU. Ryzen has great multithreading, but comes up short in gaming with it's low clock speeds. Intel's chips have high clock speeds, but lack the punch when it comes to multithreading.

If they release the best of both these worlds, which based on the leaked benches, seems they are, then this is worth holding out for.

Experience

Anyone know if rAge will have any decent specials this year? Also, As much as I like the 340 Elite, and Phanteks P400S, I saw this case now and I need it in my life. I am a proud HAF owner, and to uprade to a new HAF makes it sweeter. I love the look of this case!!! Should be available next month!

Experience

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvi...x-1070-ti.html

The plot thickens!

Anyway here is what my morphed build is looking like. I have half the cash already, but will be buying everything in one go, so need a month or two more, especially since I am keeping my old PC now. I am also waiting on the release of that Coolermaster case. Decided to go back to Ryzen 1600X as I want the higher clock speeds compared to the 1700. 1600X just seems more a gaming sweetspot for me personally. Still not set on GPU though. I will also get a beefier PSU if I decide to go the Vega route.

Wootware:

Board - Gigabyte Aorus X370 AM4
    CPU AIO - NZXT Kraken X62
    PSU - Superflower 650W fully modular
    RAM - 2x 8GB G-Skill F4 3200 RGB CL16

Total: 8733.33

Evetech:

CPU - Ryzen 1600X
    Case lights/Fans/Controller - NZXT HUE+ RGB AER+NZXT RGB LED's

Total: 5197.09

Left over:

Case: 2500? Coolermaster H500P/NZXT S340 Elite
    GPU: 8000? 2nd hand GTX 1080/RX Vega 56/GTX 1070Ti - Pricing might change

Total Price:

I am also hoping that I can find some of these parts at a special price during the rAge expo. Not holding my breath, but discounts add up!

Oh, and yeah I only have a 1080p 60Hz monitor, but I will be getting a 1440p monitor early next year. So will only be screen bottlenecked for a small while.
    Last edited by Jer1cho; September 14th, 2017 at 09:24 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

Hi

I just built a system in the NZKT and can recommend it. It looks great and the tempered glass side panel is amazing. Alternatively, check out the phanteks P400S TGE. If I had to build a system again I would use that case. Wootware has a special on at the moment on the Phanteks.

https://www.wootware.co.za/phanteks-...p-chassis.html

6. Saying Thanks:

Jer1cho (October 1st, 2017)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by J0ub5 View Post
    Hi

I just built a system in the NZKT and can recommend it. It looks great and the tempered glass side panel is amazing. Alternatively, check out the phanteks P400S TGE. If I had to build a system again I would use that case. Wootware has a special on at the moment on the Phanteks.

https://www.wootware.co.za/phanteks-...p-chassis.html
    Yeah man. I am only waiting now on the Coolermaster H500P. GamersNexus should have a review on it soon, but my first impression is love at first sight. Especially since I am using a HAF 922, and have done since 2009. Hoping to see it in the flesh at rAge. It’s more pricey, but that vertical GPU mount and 200mm RGB fans is killer imo. Also the sweet sweet cable hiding covers. Hope the case lives up to the hype!

Game IDs
    Experience

Hi

Saw a couple of reviews on the HAF. I think it is an awesome case in terms of function, but not my cup-o-tea in terms of looks. Guess that why there are some many choices out there.

Hope you got your hands on one (and that it lived up to the hype) mate and enjoy!

Experience

I would have loved a cosmos case but it is the opposite of what I want to do.
    LG OLED 55E6V|z5500
    Xbone - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by J0ub5 View Post
    Hi

Saw a couple of reviews on the HAF. I think it is an awesome case in terms of function, but not my cup-o-tea in terms of looks. Guess that why there are some many choices out there.

Hope you got your hands on one (and that it lived up to the hype) mate and enjoy!
    Yeah I HAF already pre ordered. HAHA. Have you considered the new NZXT line? Looks pretty sweet imo:

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h700i-matte-white

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234