Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31617778798081

Thread: Recently played/purchased

Very Senior Member
    Alive
    Game IDs
    Experience

Went to Fanaticus Boardgames over the weekend (another awesome place to try out and play games for free with really nice people working there, explaining rules, etc.). If you're in the area, make a plan!

Played a game of Forbidden Desert with my fiancee and had good fun. Very close game, won it on the last round.

Also played Century: Golem Edition as a group of 5. Besides the Hearthstone-like art (which I really dig), the game was super fun. Better than Splendor imo. The engine-building aspect makes your brain think. Not knowing when someone else is about to buy the card you've been working towards for a few turns now, or how much points the others have gives this a nice competitive feeling. I might get this or Azul as my first bought game.

Had a quick look at Mansion of Madness (loving the figures and map), but didn't play it. Interesting to hear you play it with an app acting as the DM. One game I still want to check out is Scythe.

2. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (May 20th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Badger_RSA View Post
    Went to Fanaticus Boardgames over the weekend (another awesome place to try out and play games for free with really nice people working there, explaining rules, etc.). If you're in the area, make a plan!

Played a game of Forbidden Desert with my fiancee and had good fun. Very close game, won it on the last round.

Also played Century: Golem Edition as a group of 5. Besides the Hearthstone-like art (which I really dig), the game was super fun. Better than Splendor imo. The engine-building aspect makes your brain think. Not knowing when someone else is about to buy the card you've been working towards for a few turns now, or how much points the others have gives this a nice competitive feeling. I might get this or Azul as my first bought game.

Had a quick look at Mansion of Madness (loving the figures and map), but didn't play it. Interesting to hear you play it with an app acting as the DM. One game I still want to check out is Scythe.
    Century Golem Edition is one of my family’s favorites. It’s so easy to teach and get into - everyone always has a good time.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

4. Saying Thanks:

Ninja_Badger_RSA (May 20th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

You guys make me want to buy new games
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

6. Saying Thanks:

Ninja_Badger_RSA (May 20th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    Alive
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    You guys make me want to buy new games
    What games do you have and what's your fav?

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    Century Golem Edition is one of my family’s favorites. It’s so easy to teach and get into - everyone always has a good time.
    And the feel of those damn gems are amazing!

8. Saying Thanks:

Fid (May 20th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

What games do you have and what's your fav?

And the feel of those damn gems are amazing!
    More than I'm able to play at the moment

I don't think I have a favourite per se.
    Really enjoyed Haunting at house on the Hill, but people don't want to play with me.

Kingdomino gets the most playtime with my people, recently bought the expansion but haven't gotten round to it.

Have Forbidden Desert and suck at it

Catan I enjoy, as well as Ticket to Ride.
    Usual culprits are tossed somewhere in my cupboard, like Monopoly, Clue, Uno, etc.

Gloom I have and really enjoy.
    Have Tiny Epic Kingdoms and haven't played it.
    Own Azul and it's pretty fun, my people enjoy it since it's so easy to get into.
    Hmm... Sure I have a couple of other stuff I can't recall. Who wants to be a Millionaire is there.
    The Mind - don't enjoy that one much.
    Ultimate Werewolf is good if you have enough people.

Egh... Can't remember any more at the moment.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Experience

With regards to Century - I know the Golem edition is pretty but if you're considering it I would suggest looking at Century Spice Road. It doesn't look as pretty BUT you can use it in conjunction with Century Eastern Wonders and the third upcoming Century game in the series.

11. Saying Thanks:

Ninja_Badger_RSA (Today)  

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31617778798081