Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1545616263646566 LastLast

Thread: Recently played/purchased

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSaberZA View Post
    excuse my ignorance? but what game is that? looks big!
    Yup, as @Cathal mentioned, it’s Dice Throne S2. I’m a sucker for 2p competitive games, so hope this will be a hit with the family.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

2. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (January 11th, 2019)  

Experience

Is that the game that was being promoted by angry joe? I aws interested in it for a short while but everything about it, that i heard, seemed negative. not to diminish the game or your purchase, but it seemed to be more about the minis than the game last i heard, but that was a while ago.

Of course, I have backed Gotham City Chronicles, and thats got a mass load of minis, but from what I can tell the Conan game was well amde and played well... and GCC is essentially a retheme of those mechanics.
    I came very close to backing GCC - but i think the shipping was what stopped me.

“Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    Yup, as @Cathal mentioned, it’s Dice Throne S2. I’m a sucker for 2p competitive games, so hope this will be a hit with the family.
    Let us know how it goes! Wouldn't mind a full setup picture also
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

5. Saying Thanks:

Fid (January 11th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Will do. Super impressed bu the components. Here’s hoping the game can match that.

7. Saying Thanks:

Game IDs
    Experience

I came very close to backing GCC - but i think the shipping was what stopped me.
    yeah shipping was murder... And I know im going to get hit with import levies or whatever its called ontop of it all... That cost stopped me from going all in for the expansions etc, I just got the base game. The other stuff would cause everything to sky rocket in erms of shipping etc.

But the part I like is I am over the payment guilt now, and often forget the game is coming, so one day when it does arrive it'll almost feel like its free, coz I wont feel the sudden hit in the pocket for it (its hard to explain.)

9. Saying Thanks:

Fid (January 11th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Oh wow, that game looks great, the art and colours look pretty cool judging by BGG. Kind of want it now, so I think I am glad I missed it launch :P

Just curious how much the game was, and is it going to retail?

Experience

Oh wow, that game looks great, the art and colours look pretty cool judging by BGG. Kind of want it now, so I think I am glad I missed it launch :P

Just curious how much the game was, and is it going to retail?
    Game was around R1,1k.
    Shipping about R800.
    Customs R230.

It is coming to retail but in seperate character packs - 2 characters per pack.

12. Saying Thanks:

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    2 games in - played against my son, 1 win each. Lots of fun, my son really took to it, so seems to be worth it so far.
    One more match scheduled with the same fighters to determine overall winner.

14. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (January 13th, 2019),  ZeroSaberZA (January 14th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Decided to break out Eldritch Horror again for a 4 player solo game against Aza the bastard. 4th game vs him and I'm 0/3.

Random investigator draw and using the Cosmic prelude so I can run the Strange Remnant adventures and Ruin encounters.

Custom painted gate stands, character stands, doom and omen markers as well. Compliments of a user on BGG.

Thumb sizes okay?

16. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (January 14th, 2019),  Fid (January 14th, 2019),  onelargeprawn (January 13th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    Decided to break out Eldritch Horror again for a 4 player solo game against Aza the bastard. 4th game vs him and I'm 0/3.

Random investigator draw and using the Cosmic prelude so I can run the Strange Remnant adventures and Ruin encounters.

Custom painted gate stands, character stands, doom and omen markers as well. Compliments of a user on BGG.

Thumb sizes okay?
    We recently played a 5p game of Eldritch Horror. Three of the people were newcomers. Suffice to say I'm in no rush to try that again, despite winning the Azathoth scenario. It just took way too long with 5.

Whenever I tend to play solo it's only with 2 investigators and I have seen success. Cthulhu is the only remaining one from the base game, and Abhoth from the Under the Pyramids expansion.

I see Strange Remnants and Cities in Ruin are available locally. Do you favor one over the other, as in if you could get one, which would it be?

Those custom stands are great. Do you know from where they were purchased?

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1545616263646566 LastLast