Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16466263646566

Thread: Recently played/purchased

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    We recently played a 5p game of Eldritch Horror. Three of the people were newcomers. Suffice to say I'm in no rush to try that again, despite winning the Azathoth scenario. It just took way too long with 5.

Whenever I tend to play solo it's only with 2 investigators and I have seen success. Cthulhu is the only remaining one from the base game, and Abhoth from the Under the Pyramids expansion.

I see Strange Remnants and Cities in Ruin are available locally. Do you favor one over the other, as in if you could get one, which would it be?

Those custom stands are great. Do you know from where they were purchased?
    Strange Remnants only adds two new types of adventures - and those only get used IF you vs a certain Ancient One or use the Cosmic Encounter Prelude.

Cities in Ruin I know adds the mechanic that the cities can get destroyed. From a fresh game play perspective I'd go for Cities in Ruin between the two personally.

I've only got Mountains of Madness, Forsaken Lore and Strange Remnants. Still missing the other 5... T_T I really love this game so I'll eventually add them all to my collection. Will just have to get a suitcase to store the damn game in then...

I'll get the user that made the resin molds for the stands. He had a thread up on the EH forum. Should be in my history. They all come that golden colour as base, but you can easily paint them as you can see.

2. Saying Thanks:

onelargeprawn (January 14th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    Strange Remnants only adds two new types of adventures - and those only get used IF you vs a certain Ancient One or use the Cosmic Encounter Prelude.

Cities in Ruin I know adds the mechanic that the cities can get destroyed. From a fresh game play perspective I'd go for Cities in Ruin between the two personally.

I've only got Mountains of Madness, Forsaken Lore and Strange Remnants. Still missing the other 5... T_T I really love this game so I'll eventually add them all to my collection. Will just have to get a suitcase to store the damn game in then...

I'll get the user that made the resin molds for the stands. He had a thread up on the EH forum. Should be in my history. They all come that golden colour as base, but you can easily paint them as you can see.
    While I'd prefer Cities in Ruin over Strange Remnant, the latter comes with the Focus tokens which I think would be a really helpful addition to the game; I suppose I could use the remnant tokens as a substitute for Focus tokens. I do like the idea of the devastation mechanic from Cities in Ruin though.

The small box expansions are value for money but The Dreamlands expansion seems to be a well rated one. It adds quite a lot of stuff, including the focus tokens.

Thanks. How much did you spend on getting them here?

Game IDs
    Experience

While I'd prefer Cities in Ruin over Strange Remnant, the latter comes with the Focus tokens which I think would be a really helpful addition to the game; I suppose I could use the remnant tokens as a substitute for Focus tokens. I do like the idea of the devastation mechanic from Cities in Ruin though.

The small box expansions are value for money but The Dreamlands expansion seems to be a well rated one. It adds quite a lot of stuff, including the focus tokens.

Thanks. How much did you spend on getting them here?
    Well the focus tokens you can use anything for really. You can use any kind of chit as substitute in your current games even. As an additional action choice during phase one you can choose to take a focus token. Can only have two focus tokens at any one time. Use said tokens to re-roll one dice whenever you are doing a test.

They can definitely save your bacon at times.

Total was 20 pounds for the pieces and then a further 6.5 pounds for shipping. This was back in 2016.

5. Saying Thanks:

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    2 games in - played against my son, 1 win each. Lots of fun, my son really took to it, so seems to be worth it so far.
    One more match scheduled with the same fighters to determine overall winner.

player boards and health counters look so good, everything looks so neat. Im really interested in maybe getting this if the pricing for the char packs looks fair. thanks for the pics

7. Saying Thanks:

Fid (January 14th, 2019)  

Experience

Well the focus tokens you can use anything for really. You can use any kind of chit as substitute in your current games even. As an additional action choice during phase one you can choose to take a focus token. Can only have two focus tokens at any one time. Use said tokens to re-roll one dice whenever you are doing a test.
    I could do that yes although I'd also like to have cards that specifically reference the focus tokens as well.

Total was 20 pounds for the pieces and then a further 6.5 pounds for shipping. This was back in 2016.
    I take it that the person is in the UK? I have a cousin who may be coming down in March...

“Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Should be able to ask one of the forumites with a 3D printer to make you gate holders from thingiverse? Itd probably be cheaper than importing.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Should be able to ask one of the forumites with a 3D printer to make you gate holders from thingiverse? Itd probably be cheaper than importing.
    Yes, I've seen those before and these: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2102228

Although the ones @Orihalcon has are classier.

“Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yes, I've seen those before and these: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2102228

Although the ones @Orihalcon has are classier.
    Fair enough
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

12. Saying Thanks:

Experience

What I have really been enjoying is Binding of Isaac: Four Souls definitely keeps true to the video game version.
    Sadly I dont know if to many people wil be able to get it unless they got it through kickstarter.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16466263646566