Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Home and Garden Thread

Experience

Default The Home and Garden Thread

With summer coming ever closer, I thought maybe we could get a thread going where we can share pictures, advice, DIY plans, and so on.

Not home at the moment, as I'm staying in a flat close to work for the weekend, but thought I should post this thread before I forget to do so

2. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (September 4th, 2017),  SLYGUY (September 2nd, 2017),  Snakey_ZA (September 11th, 2017),  TheHaunted (September 2nd, 2017),  Transformer09 (September 4th, 2017),  Viking (September 2nd, 2017)  

Addicted Member
    Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite
    Experience

I'm really struggling with my grass, my dogs keep walking the same path and nothing wants to grow there.

I'll be getting a ton or two of cow manure so hopefully that will help a bit.
    Last edited by TheHaunted; September 3rd, 2017 at 08:39 AM.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheHaunted View Post
    I'm really struggling with my grass, my dog keep walking the same path and nothing wants to grow there.

I'll be getting a ton or two of cow manure so hopefully that will help a bit.
    We had a similar problem a few years ago. We ended up building a walkway because whatever we tried the grass just didn't want to grow. Then a few months after that we got a visitor who suggested that we should've used a tougher grass, like Bermuda or some Japanese grass I can't quite remember the name of that one.

Anyway, it was too late for us then as the path had already been built up. But you can find Bermuda at certain places in SA, though obviously I'm not sure about where it's sold in the area you stay, or for that matter if it grows in your area, but I buy most of my veggie/plant seeds from Seedsforafrica, and they seem to have it https://www.seedsforafrica.co.za/pro...awn-grass-seed

5. Saying Thanks:

TheHaunted (September 3rd, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah it's usually a case of it being the wrong grass for the purpose.

Replacing it with a hardier grass should solve it.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Game IDs
    Experience

We have that kakuya (spelling?) grass which just wont grow in the shade... and we have a massive tree in the garden which covers most of it. I recommend some sort of shade-grass if ones garden isnt very sunny.

Speaking of house/home.. Im finally looking at buying my first house! So my fiance and I are busy house-hunting
    [CENTER]Switch FC: SW-2909-0972-7485

Gaming Wizard
    #NeverForget #HeWillRise
    Experience

@IbiE, do you plan on sowing the lawn seeds yourself?
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by riezo View Post
    @IbiE, do you plan on sowing the lawn seeds yourself?
    I do actually sow the seed myself, for some reason I get a kick out of it
    I have these large containers that I grow them in with sides that can fold down, so they come out as the instant lawn sheets that you get

10. Saying Thanks:

riezo (September 4th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    #NeverForget #HeWillRise
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by IbiE View Post
    I do actually sow the seed myself, for some reason I get a kick out of it
    I have these large containers that I grow them in with sides that can fold down, so they come out as the instant lawn sheets that you get
    I was about to warn against that but it seems like you have you're stuff together already. I sowed myself without knowing what I was doing and ended up with a horribly uneven lawn that right now is overgrown with weeds lol. I've neatening it up on the back burner until I re-pave though.
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

12. Saying Thanks:

IbiE (September 4th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I have to plant water-wise plants in my new garden but I have no idea where to start.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I have to plant water-wise plants in my new garden but I have no idea where to start.
    Vet plante and a fake lawn.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast