Page 1 of 19 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default iPhone X

No excitement for the latest and greatest from the Apple mothership?
    Wonder what the ZA price will be? Our pre-orders are open at 4000 aed for the 64gig model. Steep considering the 8 is only 2800 aed.

Gaming Wizard
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

Looks like a toy for the rich to me.

3. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (September 13th, 2017),  dutchdog (October 2nd, 2017),  G3Tshaffed za (September 13th, 2017),  hfn97 (September 13th, 2017),  JoE (September 13th, 2017),  scienide (September 22nd, 2017),  Smokey_Rasta (September 13th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    Mr Bubz likez Dubz
    Experience

The generational gaps or advances in tech have become so minute its hard to get excited about a new phone anymore.
    When my last contract (2yrs) ended I went another 8 months on the same phone as nothing was worth upgrading for.
    Eventually the phone was water damaged and I was forced to, I have now had my current phone (LG G4) for 2yrs and again I see zero reason to upgrade.

My phone takes fantastic photos, the battery lasts a full day, the screen looks great and there is no app it cant run.
    Everything presented in new phones is fluff above what I currently have.
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SIGNATURES TURNED ON, THAT SHlT WASTEFUL YO.

5. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (September 13th, 2017),  JoE (September 13th, 2017),  Raikan007 (September 13th, 2017)  

Oupa
    Need to sleep
    Game IDs
    Experience

Dont understand the name. Why X.

7. Saying Thanks:

sesh17 (September 13th, 2017)  

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    Is is roman numeral for 10. It's the 10'year anniversary for the launch of the 1st iPhone.

9. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (September 13th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    X = 10

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by abev View Post
    The generational gaps or advances in tech have become so minute its hard to get excited about a new phone anymore.
    When my last contract (2yrs) ended I went another 8 months on the same phone as nothing was worth upgrading for.
    Eventually the phone was water damaged and I was forced to, I have now had my current phone (LG G4) for 2yrs and again I see zero reason to upgrade.

My phone takes fantastic photos, the battery lasts a full day, the screen looks great and there is no app it cant run.
    Everything presented in new phones is fluff above what I currently have.
    I'm not upgrading from my 6s either, but wife is on the 12 month swap old for new program so she'll probably get the 8 this year and the X next year.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    No excitement for the latest and greatest from the Apple mothership?
    Wonder what the ZA price will be? Our pre-orders are open at 4000 aed for the 64gig model. Steep considering the 8 is only 2800 aed.
    I have a 7Plus, more than happy for now.

Will wait to upgrade to the X type once the next round comes along X(s) or whatever it'll be.

Game IDs
    Experience

I don't care about the phone side of things, but I did watch the WWDC (well, up until a point). That intro bordered on parody, and that poor executive on the paddle board (though she did a good job of humanising the interaction).

I was interested to hear what they had to say about the Apple TV 4K, but from a technical standpoint nothing was said that wasn't leaked earlier. Very disappointed not to hear anything about Atmos or 24fps support. They drone on and on about the quality of the viewing experience and don't even offer something as basic as the correct cadence for their films.

14. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (September 13th, 2017),  MAVADO (September 13th, 2017),  nykfist (September 13th, 2017)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I love Android, I'm integrated into the full Google ecosystem and I like having money, so not especially interested in the iPhone X.

I am a fan of it though, as it looks impressive and will force the competition to drastically up their game. So everyone benefits from it.

What isn't impressive is the iPhone 8 range. Seems Apple wanted them to look terrible next to the iPhone X. Considering what they can clearly do with bezels, it's shameful that they didn't remove the side bezels and reduce the top and bottom bezels of the iPhone 8 and 8+.

16. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (September 13th, 2017)  

Page 1 of 19 12345 ... LastLast