Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819

Thread: iPhone X

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    Sup guys, need some help. Made the switch to Apple last night from Android.

Best way to transfer photos from Samsung to my iPhone?

Also, there is one thing that is a massive problem for me at the moment, and that is whatsapp images. I have a camera roll folder for my camera pics and a whatsapp folder for my whatsapp pics. What in the world is my whatsapp images doing in my camera roll? Why do the phone save the images in your camera roll and whatsapp folder?? Can I turn this off? I don't want to turn off auto download for whatsapp images but I want to limit my whatsapp images to the whatsapp folder ONLY, as that is how it should be...

Loving the phone so far btw except for the above issue
    iOS does it better actually because unlike Android when you turn Auto Download off it still shows you every photo as it caches it photo unlike Android where it simply doesn't do anything at all.

Then you manually save anything you actually want to save.

Transfer photos...simply plug it in like a camera and move it over. But I would personally switch to Google Photos in there here and now. Backup everything on the old Phone and keep it autobackup on the new phone.

No more "management" required for Photos.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

2. Saying Thanks:

Transformer09 (November 26th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

If I am correct, that turns off auto saving of whatsapp images. What I am looking for is a setting to prevent whatsapp images from showing up in my camera folder. For one or other reason the phone is duplicating images into the camera roll. I want whatsapp images to download but I want them to ONLY show in the whatsapp folder and not in the camera roll folder. Im starting to think this is not possible. Thanks for the reply
    It's not.

There is no Whatsapp "folder". There is only a Whatsapp "album".

Camera Roll = Everything photo related.

Which is why you think it's duplicated but there is only really one copy.

Why would you want to save all the crap anyway? Turn save to camera roll off (it will still auto download) and then only save stuff you feel you must absolutely keep.
    Hidden Content

4. Saying Thanks:

Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    ransfer photos...simply plug it in like a camera and move it over.
    Do I need itunes (on my pc) to copy the photos over to my phone? Completely new to this as this is my first ever apple device. I have no clue how the apple backups/syncing ect works.

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Why would you want to save all the crap anyway? Turn save to camera roll off (it will still auto download) and then only save stuff you feel you must absolutely keep.
    Guess I am used to it, ah well will get over it.
    The storm follows in my wake

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Do I need itunes (on my pc) to copy the photos over to my phone? Completely new to this as this is my first ever apple device. I have no clue how the apple backups/syncing ect works.
    Nope just plug it in and it should show up like any digital camera almost like a memory card.

I know the driver is packages with iTunes so it might require that being installed, but hopefully Windows should sort itself out.

Don't think any of my phones since the iPhone 4S have ever talked to iTunes.

Guess I am used to it, ah well will get over it.
    Oddly as someone used to the iOS way it irritated the crap out of me on Android that you couldn't have a distinction because Auto-Download and Auto-Save.
    Hidden Content

7. Saying Thanks:

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1516171819