Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 254142434445
Results 441 to 447 of 447

Thread: Shadow Of War

  1. #441
    Very Senior Member hfn97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,331
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squidbeard View Post
    Want my thoughts lol.
    Yes , minus the opinions on MT's pls.

  2. #442
    Gaming Wizard
    Husband. Gamer. Hero.
    Squidbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    George
    Posts
    8,209
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hfn97 View Post
    Yes , minus the opinions on MT's pls.
    The first ones story is better. The second games story is bleh. I didn't care. I wanted to kill orcs. The story is so bleh that playing the first one is pointless. I dont think its required that you play the first one.

    The game play is exactly the same. Honestly just play the first one and forget sow.

    If you want to play just for gameplay and orc killing get sow.
    Final Fantasy 15 was disappointing. Hype failed me. I am Squirtbird.
    Hidden Content

  3. Saying Thanks:

    hfn97 (November 23rd, 2017)  

  4. #443
    Very Senior Member
    Best Trader 2013
    Married
    Raikan007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    12,501
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    First Mordor was amazing. Brutal and fun! A must play for anyone especially fans of Tolkiens world

  5. #444
    Very Senior Member Radium217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,779
    Experience

    Default

    So I hit the Shadow Wars last night and am on Stage 7 of 10 now I believe. So far it's been pretty easy with just a couple of strategic shifting and levelling of Orcs. I have to say I really enjoyed the game's story and am keen for the full ending. I think overall it's a much more cohesive game than Mordor and tbh I do prefer it. They got the scale and stakes of the game on point. Despite maybe one glitch or so it's also just really smooth. I suggest going with quality setting if on PS4 pro. It's so easy on the eyes.

    Highly recommend this for anyone looking for a robust but not overly lengthy open world game. After about 30 hours I've got the end in sight and have done a large part of the side quests etc.

    9/10

  6. Saying Thanks:

    NickHunt7 (January 17th, 2018)  

  7. #445
    Very Senior Member
    PS4
    NickHunt7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
    Posts
    1,016
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radium217 View Post
    So I hit the Shadow Wars last night and am on Stage 7 of 10 now I believe. So far it's been pretty easy with just a couple of strategic shifting and levelling of Orcs. I have to say I really enjoyed the game's story and am keen for the full ending. I think overall it's a much more cohesive game than Mordor and tbh I do prefer it. They got the scale and stakes of the game on point. Despite maybe one glitch or so it's also just really smooth. I suggest going with quality setting if on PS4 pro. It's so easy on the eyes.

    Highly recommend this for anyone looking for a robust but not overly lengthy open world game. After about 30 hours I've got the end in sight and have done a large part of the side quests etc.

    9/10
    I’m re-installing just to continue on and finish for the final ending. Took a break because it’s pretty crazy going through so many wars over and over

  8. Saying Thanks:

    Radium217 (January 17th, 2018)  

  9. #446
    Very Senior Member Radium217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,779
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickHunt7 View Post
    I’m re-installing just to continue on and finish for the final ending. Took a break because it’s pretty crazy going through so many wars over and over
    I heard the later ones you have to do multiple but weirdly enough I haven't got bored of them yet. I haven't found the need to grind or do insane amounts of prep for a them/the invading force almost never captures a point. At this point I'm unsure if:
    A) it gets way harder.
    B) I've done a good job at levelling orcs/being strategic.
    C) It's not as difficult as everyone says/the method I've used to defend is good.

    For example, all of my forts have each slot unlocked and there are augmented defense slots for each node.

    My force is never more than 50 weaker than the invading.

    I always dominate one of theirs before he even enters my fort (the weakest ones)

    This diminishes their attack and bolsters my defense.

    Then I do mop up and clean off points so that extra captains are not called in.

    I dominate any captains I can and pretty much don't kill them unless they are too powerful. I'm at level 47 now I believe.

    Also I send people to the fight pits and use any leftover Mirian to get training orders etc. The fight pits are largely random BS, though. But can be entertaining to just get some snacks and put some necks on the line lmao.

  10. Saying Thanks:

    NickHunt7 (January 17th, 2018)  

  11. #447
    Very Senior Member
    PS4
    NickHunt7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
    Posts
    1,016
    Experience

    Default Shadow Of War

    Quote Originally Posted by Radium217 View Post
    I heard the later ones you have to do multiple but weirdly enough I haven't got bored of them yet. I haven't found the need to grind or do insane amounts of prep for a them/the invading force almost never captures a point. At this point I'm unsure if:
    A) it gets way harder.
    B) I've done a good job at levelling orcs/being strategic.
    C) It's not as difficult as everyone says/the method I've used to defend is good.

    For example, all of my forts have each slot unlocked and there are augmented defense slots for each node.

    My force is never more than 50 weaker than the invading.

    I always dominate one of theirs before he even enters my fort (the weakest ones)

    This diminishes their attack and bolsters my defense.

    Then I do mop up and clean off points so that extra captains are not called in.

    I dominate any captains I can and pretty much don't kill them unless they are too powerful. I'm at level 47 now I believe.

    Also I send people to the fight pits and use any leftover Mirian to get training orders etc. The fight pits are largely random BS, though. But can be entertaining to just get some snacks and put some necks on the line lmao.
    Fight pits may actually be my favorite “time waster” in this game. Worst case scenario you lose your Orc and gain a stronger. Yeah all of my forts also have all slots unlocked with the max upgrades available.

    Yeah it isn’t as hard as it’s made out to be. It’s just the grind that gets to people because of the training orders. Some people want a quicker way of getting them.

    Game is so much fun though. I just got too many new games that because I had essentially finished the game I thought I would take a break. Not the best decision to delete considering it’s digital and now I have to download the patch and 4K cinematics again

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 254142434445

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •