Thread: Partserve

Experience

Default Partserve

Hey all

I have a strange noise emanating from my PRO and am going to send it to Partserve for a replacement. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to prepare the console? Do I need to format it or just sign out of PSN?

Thanks

Ghost of Sparta
    ∆POLΧA☐Y
    Game IDs
    Experience

What do you mean prepare? Just backup your PS4 on an external hdd so that you don't have to redownload when you get the replacement.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by spleenpoker View Post
    Hey all

I have a strange noise emanating from my PRO and am going to send it to Partserve for a replacement. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to prepare the console? Do I need to format it or just sign out of PSN?

Thanks
    Strange noise like how?

Mine has this click noise when the system starts up and reads the disk and then randomly at times I assume when the disc is being read.

Banned
    imdownhereforyoursoul

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by spleenpoker View Post
    Hey all

Thanks
    I'd just sign out and leave your data on there, and make sure you have 2-step authentication enabled.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by brianstephan View Post
    Strange noise like how?

Mine has this click noise when the system starts up and reads the disk and then randomly at times I assume when the disc is being read.
    It only happens when a game is getting very intensive. Either a byproduct of a faulty fan or coil whine. I honestly don't know how to describe the sound but it's definitely not the actual fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JoE View Post
    What do you mean prepare? Just backup your PS4 on an external hdd so that you don't have to redownload when you get the replacement.
    Thanks, I will probably just do this tonight as I have a lot of games I really don't want to have to download again.

Experience

Does anyone know how much the swop out fee for an out of warranty ps4 pro is from partserve?

My pro is playing games...the wrong way!