Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213

Thread: Game of Thrones Final Season

Gaming Wizard
    Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Daenerys is irritating me with this whole I'm your Queen nonsense - bish ain't even seen't the Iron throne but she claiming it.
    Called mother of Dragons but clearly those are Wyverns.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    I had zero issue at 3AM or 4AM watching through DSTV Now, but that was through a laptop connected to my TV via HDMI. I am however running 40mbps fiber. What line are you running? Normally quality drops don't occur, but perhaps due to the sheer amount of streams, if you don't have a fast line, you'll end up suffering due to the amount of simultaneous streamers
    I have 100mbs fibre and tried to watch it via catchup at around 21h00 on the Monday evening

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoS View Post
    I have 100mbs fibre and tried to watch it via catchup at around 21h00 on the Monday evening
    Must be weird gypsey magic then, I dunno. I man is not favored by the streaming God.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    Must be weird gypsey magic then, I dunno. I man is not favored by the streaming God.
    From what I can tell its a DSTV thing. Every now and then I also have inexplicable buffering when watching DSTV NOW, but as soon as I switch to NETFLIX or something else then then everything runs smoothly. So def not the internet in my case at least.

For me it might also just be the fact that I use a LIT BOX but just thought I would give my 2 cents.

Side note you can try SHOWMAX as an alternative as they also have SEASON 8

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CheesBOI View Post
    From what I can tell its a DSTV thing. Every now and then I also have inexplicable buffering when watching DSTV NOW, but as soon as I switch to NETFLIX or something else then then everything runs smoothly. So def not the internet in my case at least.

For me it might also just be the fact that I use a LIT BOX but just thought I would give my 2 cents.

Indeed, I did my third watch through Showmax, and it seemed much smoother. The DSTV Now app is just pure trash. We use it because we have to.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CheesBOI View Post

Its dstv .....

When I watch motogp the 1st 2 races are fullhd the minute the main race starts then the buffering starts

Dstv obviously cannot keep up with the demand

Gaming Wizard
    Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Then they shouldn't bloody offer it! And this was their answer to Netflix an app that doesn't work half the time? Pathetic

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by thecrowing View Post
    Then they shouldn't bloody offer it! And this was their answer to Netflix an app that doesn't work half the time? Pathetic
    It's just greed. Netflix is fully capable of catering to all of our streaming needs, and eliminating the need for any and all other competition. It would more than likely kill off a very large chunk of DSTV subscribers, and obviously they don't want that, so instead of giving Netflix the rights, they will rather keep all the in demand content for themselves, and give us a horrible experience while doing it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213