Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Witcher [Netflix]

Experience

I don't know even with the pictures and details that's been released recently I'm still not getting my hopes up for this.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    This is a fan art of Triss based on the books description. I like fafafa slot machine a lot more than the game version.

Attachment 99752
    Looks perfect!
    Last edited by Tabares; July 4th, 2019 at 09:23 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience
    Brother - Its been too long

Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Not a fan of the Yennifer, or the Ciri cast. The girl they got to play Ciri looks like that chick from Splice, and nothing at all like Ciri, and the Yennifer cast looks like she'd be better suited for an Antonio Banderas adventure film than a Witcher series, no offense to the actresses of course, but Yenn never looked like Salma Hayek.

I'd personally perfer they cast Kate Beckensale as Yennifer, and maybe someone like Emma Roberts as Ciri, or maybe even Alona Tal who played Jo in Supernatural,
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Very Senior Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    Not a fan of the Yennifer, or the Ciri cast. The girl they got to play Ciri looks like that chick from Splice, and nothing at all like Ciri, and the Yennifer cast looks like she'd be better suited for an Antonio Banderas adventure film than a Witcher series, no offense to the actresses of course, but Yenn never looked like Salma Hayek.

I'd personally perfer they cast Kate Beckensale as Yennifer, and maybe someone like Emma Roberts as Ciri, or maybe even Alona Tal who played Jo in Supernatural,
    Can't personally see Kate as Yenn at all

As for your other choices for Ciri, I think those actresses would all be too old to play Ciri, based on the period the Series is placed. She should be a younger girl, I think Ciri is suppose to be late tweens, early teens here.

Would've like a more mature looking Yenn though. But that's my game based bias talking. This one looks like a fresh faced girl that's barely off her mother's skirt. Maybe her acting will convince otherwise.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Can't personally see Kate as Yenn at all

As for your other choices for Ciri, I think those actresses would all be too old to play Ciri, based on the period the Series is placed. She should be a younger girl, I think Ciri is suppose to be late tweens, early teens here.

Would've like a more mature looking Yenn though. But that's my game based bias talking. This one looks like a fresh faced girl that's barely off her mother's skirt. Maybe her acting will convince otherwise.
    The actress cast as Yen is 23, fitting considering she is described as looking between 20-30 in the books. Of course she's unproven with regards to her actual acting ability but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I would have loved to see Eva Green as Yen though, she has the looks and she can pull of the personality as well.

And yes, Ciri is a young girl (10-17) in the books, but it's understandable why they cast someone a bit older.

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Ciri
    Last edited by Wlad; July 3rd, 2019 at 12:33 PM.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Very Senior Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

The actress cast as Yen is 23, fitting considering she is described as looking between 20-30 in the books. Of course she's unproven with the regards to her actual acting ability but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I would have loved to see Eva Green as Yen though, she has the looks and she can pull of the personality as well.

And yes, Ciri is between 13-16 (about) in the books, but it's understandable why they cast someone a bit older.
    See, I can't see that actress as being 23, my age guage might be off.

Eva would be great, her Penny Dreadful convinces me.

Personal choice for me would be Yvonne Strahovski, but then again, it's due to me playing the games.

Think Ciri's actress is pretty accurate looks wise, though I judged her around 16 anyway. She's the least worrying choice imo.

But I'll wait to see how they act.

Edit:
    Ignore the comparison next to her but I mean she looks so young in this image. I can't imagine her as the more authorative Yenn I know.
    Last edited by Cathal; July 3rd, 2019 at 12:37 PM.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Addicted Member
    *laughs in deranged*
    Experience

I thought it was unanimously decided that Eva Green & Emma Stone were the most ideal cast for Yennefer & Triss!?

Experience

I also like the redheads (although with the games I'm team Yen), but to be fair in the books Triss is described as having chestnut hair and not red.

Shani is great. I was very disappointed (again) recently that I chose her in Witcher 1 but start Witcher 2 in bed with Triss. At least I got to tell Triss off some more.
    To add insult to injury, Shani was originally planned for TW2, but was one of the many things that got cut.

Anyway, I hope the series is good. Casting seems off for a lot of the characters, so the acting will need to be good. Don't have that much optimism (Nilfgaardian p3nis armour - ayyy), but it can't be worse than the 90's Polish one.

No wolf head medallion though. It's a flat pendant. Disappointing.gif

10. Saying Thanks:

Wlad (July 3rd, 2019)  

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by D--3 View Post
    To add insult to injury, Shani was originally planned for TW2, but was one of the many things that got cut.

Anyway, I hope the series is good. Casting seems off for a lot of the characters, so the acting will need to be good. Don't have that much optimism (Nilfgaardian p3nis armour - ayyy), but it can't be worse than the 90's Polish one.

No wolf head medallion though. It's a flat pendant. Disappointing.gif

Well to be fair it is a flat medallion (at least at first) in the books as well. I like how it looks though.

Yeah the Polish series is pretty terrible, even though I still kind of enjoyed it. Michal Zebrowski made a decent Geralt though.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast