Thread: It happened - my first pump failure

Experience

Angry It happened - my first pump failure

So I was casually browsing the web and watching youtube when suddenly my pc went into an absolute fan rage. To determine which fans it is I fire up my usual suite of HW Monitor.

Nope, the graphics card fans are hardly spinning.... hang on one of my sensors is picking up a 100C temp. Is it the motherboard chipset? If so why is the fans going berserk? The chipset only has a heatsink on. Wait why is the CPU hitting 90C+ on all cores?!

Fire up corsair link to see the radiator fans are spinning at 2600rpm but there is a problem. The pump is doing 0rpm ...nothing.

Fiddled around with the settings, tried restoring stuff, setting PWM connectors to DC. Nope, nothing, nada. The pump, its dead jim.

So yeah for now I am back on air cooling after swearing because I could not find my thermal paste and because screws are falling off everywhere. On the up side because of my cooling I did my airflow is better than what it use to be giving my cpu a bit of breathing room.

Also you have to love thermal throttling so the cpu doesn't kill itself. and you can continue with light work to find solutions to the problems.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Yeah had this happen when I had a 5960x and h110i (or was it h100i)... Thermal warnings from the motherbord ... Scary af cause I thought I melted my cpu ... And the cooler fairly new as well.

Experience

My mobo doesn't give any warning. I would assume with all the built in measures these days that hardware throttles itself nicely to avoid it from dying. Not sure if a geforce is programmed smartly enough to keep its core clocks below 300mhz when the fans aren't spinning.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content