Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Days Gone faces delay to 2019

“Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Siphon View Post
    Then they alienate the majority of the consumer base
    They can't start selling 2 versions of the same game for the same generation.
    Which either forces remasters or upgrades, both of which cost money to the consumer. They didn't alienate consumers by making ps3 remasters for ps4, but they certainly bugged a couple in doing the mid generation bumpvwith the pro. I'm not concerned about the same generation though, I'm commenting on cross generation, i.e. PS4/Pro to PS5. That's basically pandering to the pS4 base model which is limiting whilst "forcing" upgrafes on others, which in turn is no different than PC gaming with it's multitudes of porting issues.

Ninja
    Best Mafia Player 2012
    Sipho/Sipson I dont know anymore :'(
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Which either forces remasters or upgrades, both of which cost money to the consumer. They didn't alienate consumers by making ps3 remasters for ps4, but they certainly bugged a couple in doing the mid generation bumpvwith the pro. I'm not concerned about the same generation though, I'm commenting on cross generation, i.e. PS4/Pro to PS5. That's basically pandering to the pS4 base model which is limiting whilst "forcing" upgrafes on others, which in turn is no different than PC gaming with it's multitudes of porting issues.
    They offered an enhanced experience to those that wanted it without alienating the original install base. Which brings us back to last of us being released on ps3 with ps4 around the corner. They could have held off for ps4 but didn't, and if ps5 is next year it's the same situation.

Game IDs
    Experience

They offered an enhanced experience to those that wanted it without alienating the original install base. Which brings us back to last of us being released on ps3 with ps4 around the corner. They could have held off for ps4 but didn't, and if ps5 is next year it's the same situation.
    Hence the "if" statements of keeping things for either launch. I don't recall TLoU being delayed, whereas this game is. Also the statements regarding remasters which cost money to users who aready bought a game previous gen or making a scaled back game for PS4 with some enhancements for the two upscaled consoles after it, which once again leads to developing issues.

Ninja
    Best Mafia Player 2012
    Sipho/Sipson I dont know anymore :'(
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Hence the "if" statements of keeping things for either launch. I don't recall TLoU being delayed, whereas this game is. Also the statements regarding remasters which cost money to users who aready bought a game previous gen or making a scaled back game for PS4 with some enhancements for the two upscaled consoles after it, which once again leads to developing issues.
    They design the game on the base models the best they can, x and pro just get enhancements. Only thing holding them back is that majority of the consumers play on the base model. There is no scaling back. Days gone being delayed could have nothing to do with ps5. Could just be extra time needed. Like gow, Ni no kuni or any other game delayed. As for remaster there's a market for it so they use it. Xbox has bc yet still has remasters.

Game IDs
    Experience

They design the game on the base models the best they can, x and pro just get enhancements. Only thing holding them back is that majority of the consumers play on the base model. There is no scaling back. Days gone being delayed could have nothing to do with ps5. Could just be extra time needed. Like gow, Ni no kuni or any other game delayed. As for remaster there's a market for it so they use it. Xbox has bc yet still has remasters.
    Majority play on the base model because they released it first and it had longer time to penetrate the marker. It doesn't excuse the fact that the game is held back, it just emphasises the overcrowdedness of the market. "There's no scaling back", word it differently then, there's no moving forward by pandering to aged technology, which basically comes down to an item not being the best it can be.

I think you're just mixing up speculation and fact. Once again I said "if" and even mockingly/jokingly stated that tinfoil folk should look at the likelihood of this coupled with the news and rumors of late. Taking that speculation and trying disprove by comparing it to games that are scheduled to be released before the rumors started swirling doesn't make sense. Yes Days could be delayed due to common issues in development, but it could be to up it for PS5 as well, it could also be because they accidentally deleted half the game on a drunken party night, but all of it is speculation.

And there's a market for remasters on xbox because not everyone owns the previous generation of a console and such games might be hard to come by due to age. That's just how things are.

Gaming Wizard
    I need something new!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Well, all can be possible and all can be a myth.

With the PS4,

Dev kits were sent out

November 2012

then 4 months to announce and then 9 months to shipping :
    Announced as the successor ...... during a press conference on February 20, 2013, it was launched on November 15 - 29
    [CENTER]Hidden Content

"We wanted our Xbox-playing friends involved, but then we realized there was a fairly decent chance their consoles are broken, so we decided to keep this a strictly PS3 affair."

Silent Step...Shadow Step...Ninja Step......Dood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12