Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beat Saber

Game IDs
    Experience

Was playing some Beat Saber over the weekend, mainly playing Free Play.

I'm not good at this at all. I can get through Easy and Normal with ease, but as soon as I bump it up to Hard, sjoe I fail before I'm even halfway through the song.

I probably just need to practice each song a bit more, but will definitely keep trying.

What I am battling with is the getting SS on Normal. At the moment, I'm only managing to get an S ranking, even though I get a full combo. I've even tried to add some modifiers to increase the difficulty, but still only manage to get S. And I know when I'm cutting the blocks I'm mostly getting 90's and 100's.

I thought it was score based, but I think I read somewhere that on top of getting full combo, you also need to get 90% of perfect cuts, i.e. 100 point cuts for 90% of the song.

Still having a ton of fun, I usually play for about 2 hours before I need to take a rest, as the whole thing is quite a little workout. My arms are so sore today. hehe.

2. Saying Thanks:

Grahnite (December 3rd, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nuyork View Post

I'm not good at this at all. I can get through Easy and Normal with ease, but as soon as I bump it up to Hard, sjoe I fail before I'm even halfway through the song.

I probably just need to practice each song a bit more, but will definitely keep trying.

What I am battling with is the getting SS on Normal. At the moment, I'm only managing to get an S ranking, even though I get a full combo. I've even tried to add some modifiers to increase the difficulty, but still only manage to get S. And I know when I'm cutting the blocks I'm mostly getting 90's and 100's.

I thought it was score based, but I think I read somewhere that on top of getting full combo, you also need to get 90% of perfect cuts, i.e. 100 point cuts for 90% of the song.

Still having a ton of fun, I usually play for about 2 hours before I need to take a rest, as the whole thing is quite a little workout. My arms are so sore today. hehe.
    Post some gameplay for us to watch, seems like a cool game
    You go for a plat on this one
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

4. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (December 3rd, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nuyork View Post

Have you checked the video where they explain the scoring system?

Watch it here:
    https://www.facebook.com/beatsaber/v...4673078915228/

In short:
    1. Your cut should start at least at 90 degrees, then you must follow through your cut by at least 60 degrees.
    2. You get additional points the closest the two halves are to equal size.

You should try and get at least 100 points when cutting a block.

I haven't tried using modifiers to up my score yet - will see if I can try tomorrow.

Normal is pretty easy and Hard (depending on song) is a challenge but doable. Some songs pretty challenging though - but loving it, really a great game!
    John 3:16 (New English Translation): "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Post some gameplay for us to watch, seems like a cool game
    There are tons of video on YouTube of people playing. Really good players they make it seem like a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    You go for a plat on this one
    There is no way I'll be able to Plat this. I suck at these types of games. I can't even beat some of the games on hard mode, let alone even get through 20 seconds of Expert mode. Hopefully just takes a bit more practice to get better.

7. Saying Thanks:

Stu (December 5th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Grahnite View Post
    Have you checked the video where they explain the scoring system?

Watch it here:
    https://www.facebook.com/beatsaber/v...4673078915228/

In short:
    1. Your cut should start at least at 90 degrees, then you must follow through your cut by at least 60 degrees.
    2. You get additional points the closest the two halves are to equal size.

You should try and get at least 100 points when cutting a block.

I haven't tried using modifiers to up my score yet - will see if I can try tomorrow.

Normal is pretty easy and Hard (depending on song) is a challenge but doable. Some songs pretty challenging though - but loving it, really a great game!
    Yeah, I did. I try to do mostly a swing.

I would say 50% of the time the score is usually over 100. But I think the requirement for SS is 90% of the cuts must be good cuts. So for now I'm mainly getting an S in normal mode.

Game IDs
    Experience

Here's someone's mom playing some Beat Saber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12