Poll: Do you own a firearm?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Do you own a firearm?

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Seriously?

Concealed just means not openly...but it's really not difficult to spot who is carrying.
    Not true at all, if you carry correctly it's impossible to see the firearm. There is no bump to see.

Obviously if you wear the tightest shirt on the market because you want to show off more than your firearm you will be able to spot it, but if you wear a shirt that is just a little baggy it covers the firearm perfectly.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Experience

No I don't own a gun and don't plan on getting one. However I would never call to take other people's rights away just because of my own personal proclivities; naturally biased. That would be seriously messed up. In fact calling for less rights when others have fought and died for them I can never understand.

There are already rules and procedures for gun owners & prospective owners to encourage responsibility emboldened by due process and law enforcement.

One would have to provide an incredible motivation to convince otherwise.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Not true at all, if you carry correctly it's impossible to see the firearm. There is no bump to see.

Obviously if you wear the tightest shirt on the market because you want to show off more than your firearm you will be able to spot it, but if you wear a shirt that is just a little baggy it covers the firearm perfectly.
    Wasn't talking about any bump.

Rather the stance and means of motion. People carry themselves differently when armed.

But as was said earlier some people's idea of concealed carry is to make it as openly obvious as possible.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Addicted Member
    my pronoun is god emperor duke, learn it bigot
    Game IDs
    Experience

Had to register my badboys

download.jpg
    Survivor of the longest and harshest ban in forum history.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SamVImes View Post
    In SA you're not allowed to carry it visibly, it has to be concealed.
    The law states it only has to be covered. So if it's under a shirt but the outline is still bulging out, it's still legal.

Still stupid to have it printing excessively, especially since a lot of places have No Firearms signs and can ask you to leave if they spot you printing.

Most of the guys I've seen printing were carrying at 3 and 4 o'clock carry or using a OWB holster under a shirt.
    Appendix carry doesn't print much if your gear is right.

6. Saying Thanks:

SamVImes (April 10th, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    The law states it only has to be covered. So if it's under a shirt but the outline is still bulging out, it's still legal.

Still stupid to have it printing excessively, especially since a lot of places have No Firearms signs and can ask you to leave if they spot you printing.

Most of the guys I've seen printing were carrying at 3 and 4 o'clock carry or using a OWB holster under a shirt.
    Appendix carry doesn't print much if your gear is right.
    Thanks, you’ve stated more eloquently what I meant to say. Did it take long to get used to carrying appendix?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SamVImes View Post
    Thanks, you’ve stated more eloquently what I meant to say. Did it take long to get used to carrying appendix?
    It's is a bit different at first. Especially since it can be uncomfortable when sitting or bending down to pick something up.
    A strong belt helps a lot though, as appendix carry can sag weaker belts and cause more printing.

Overall appendix carry for me has more positives than negatives. Sure I have to pull my belt up a bit every time I have to sit, but the ability to easily and inconspicuously see if I am printing, and the ease of drawing (especially in a car) outweigh the negatives in my eyes.

9. Saying Thanks:

SamVImes (April 11th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Interesting results on the poll so far; seems a lot of people don't own a firearm yet but want to get one. A few going through the process and a number already own a firearm/s.

I wonder if some who selected "No, but I want to get one." are put off by the presumed difficulty of the process. By far the most important thing when going through the process is your Motivation for why you want to own a firearm (the space on the form they provide is not enough, you need to include an extra A4 page or two). Just head to your local gun shop and they will no doubt be able to give you a very detailed rundown of what the process entails. If they are any good they will also have a guy that can help with your motivation.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

11. Saying Thanks:

Playhouse Games (June 14th, 2018),  SamVImes (April 14th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Anyone here own a Gen5 Glock, opinions thereon would be appreciated...

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Anyone here own a Gen5 Glock, opinions thereon would be appreciated...
    Don't own one but have shot two pistols in the Gen 5 lineup, namely a Glock 19 Gen 5 and the new Glock 19X (at the Gauteng Firearm Festival last weekend).

- The trigger is much improved over the stock Gen 4 (although I prefer my G26 Gen 4's lighter trigger thanks to the Gen 3 trigger bar and 2kg "-" connector)

- Lack of finger groves make it more comfortable if your fingers didn't fit nicely in the Gen 4's finger grooves

- Stock sights on the G19 are still plastic although the sight picture is better (19X has Glock OEM three dot night sights which are what I've fitted to my G26 Gen 4 as well)

- New magazine floorplate on the G19 which makes it easier to clear a double feed with one hand available.

If you're looking at a G19 Gen 5, there's a good special at Safari & Outdoor for just under R9k.

14. Saying Thanks:

Stu (April 22nd, 2018)  

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast