Thread: Amplifi HD mesh router

Experience

Default Amplifi HD mesh router

Hi guys

Can anyone share some feedback on this router when using it for online gaming?

I am having range issues with my B350 fiber router and have tried range extenders that do not work, so I am looking to change to the Amplifi combo.

I live in a split level house so I have multiple dead spots

Experience

Hey, bud,

I have this router, and it's by far one of the best I've ever owned! We have a flat roof, so there's honestly not space to route LAN cables all over. Had a beast of an Asus Router, and still had multiple dead spots, so I eventually got the Amplifi HD. Now I have Wifi connection throughout my house with absolutely no dead spots whatsoever.

In terms of gaming - I mostly play BF1 on PS4 and Pubg on PC. I have a 100 meg fibre line, and effectively playing via the Amplifi Wifi. Barring the guys in my clan that have fibre and are able to connect via cable, I routinely have the lowest pings in the match, so it's definitely adequate for gaming. Usually my wife will be watching something on Netflix while I game as well, and it still doesn't bother me.

3. Saying Thanks:

wolv0303 (April 14th, 2018)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SamVImes View Post
    Hey, bud,

I have this router, and it's by far one of the best I've ever owned! We have a flat roof, so there's honestly not space to route LAN cables all over. Had a beast of an Asus Router, and still had multiple dead spots, so I eventually got the Amplifi HD. Now I have Wifi connection throughout my house with absolutely no dead spots whatsoever.

In terms of gaming - I mostly play BF1 on PS4 and Pubg on PC. I have a 100 meg fibre line, and effectively playing via the Amplifi Wifi. Barring the guys in my clan that have fibre and are able to connect via cable, I routinely have the lowest pings in the match, so it's definitely adequate for gaming. Usually my wife will be watching something on Netflix while I game as well, and it still doesn't bother me.
    Awesome stuff, thanks for the feedback