Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD Ryzen 2

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    No. Looking at the specs you posted I take your not the type to buy the highest end product available on the market at the time. I believe the 1600 vs 2600 is an up to 10% increase?

Just one of the random youtube videos. Think the reviews have similar results.
    Cool thanks nah I'll keep my current CPU then. Also my bro inlaw got him a 2600 and asked to borrow my CPU to update his bios do you think I should is it safe to do so like won't I need to buy more thermal paste etc.
    Samsung KS8500 - PS4 Pro - Xbone X - Switch - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Radeon RX 580 PC - WII U - New 3DS XL - Xbox 360

Experience

The thing is I am getting a Ryzen 7 2700 and X470 board next week. For me it is just a move to AMD from the i7 8700k so I will doubtless be giving up performance. The big question is will windows be happy with me moving over the drives and then doing the "refresh" install method by doing the upgrade to windows 10 thing.

For those that don't know, you do not select the refresh option in windows. You go to microsofts site, then download the windows 10 installer, let it finish downloading all its files then you select upgrade windows and keep all files and programs.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

So with my move to Ryzen 2 next week (hopefully) I am reposting benchmark figures for a few games that I ran. Also I don't have the 0.1% lows so the minimum would be those numbers.

Current specs are:
    i7 8700k stock but with all core enhance enabled on motherboard
    1080ti with its own boost clocks.
    msi z370 sli plus motherboard
    gskill 3200mhz memory

Running at 3440x1440 and its gsynced with 100hz max so most games cap at 100fps anyway.
    I will be posting Average and Minimums

Rise of the Tomb Raider (custom very high leaning towards ultra) (minimums are literally the load in screens)
    MP: 92fps / 45fps
    S: 90fps / 22fps
    GV: 92fps / 60fps
    Over all: 92fps average

Deus Ex MD (Custom Very High very few ultra settings)
    Average 58fps / minimum 48fps

AC Origins (Very High)
    Frame score 8256
    Average fps: 68 , cpu time 8ms, gpu time 15ms

Farcry 5 (ultra)
    average fps: 85, minimum: 75

Cinebench R15
    multi - 1391
    single - 192

What am I expecting from Ryzen 2700? True the told I'm moving to a lower TDP chip so expecting a cooler, quieter and less power hungry system. As for games I think I will either see a 10% drop in frame rate or no drop at all considering the resolution I am running and with my monitor being gsync and all the game currently having over 60fps I feel the difference might just fly over my head without me noticing any impact.

What I am going to do however is once my drives are swapped out I will be doing a refresh install of windows 10 using the "upgrade" method.

For those unfamiliar with it, your windows 10 system drive can easily be swapped between systems but it might end up having a lot of "garbage" for drivers etc. Instead of using the refresh option in windows recovery itself (because it does not always keep all your installed programs) you download the windows 10 installer from microsoft, run it and say you want to upgrade with keeping all files and programs.
    Hidden Content

Experience

The reviews I saw show it being more power hungry than a 8700k in gaming and worse FPS too, so why go through the hassle of changing your CPU/motherboard and refreshing the install of Windows 10 just for the chance of lower heat which isn't even really that important since you don't overclock ?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    The reviews I saw show it being more power hungry than a 8700k in gaming and worse FPS too, so why go through the hassle of changing your CPU/motherboard and refreshing the install of Windows 10 just for the chance of lower heat which isn't even really that important since you don't overclock ?
    Well the fact is I have not seen any 2700 reviews. All the reviews so far has been 2700X. All benchmarks that has been done has been done at 1080p which I don't game at. At 1440p there is still a little difference but at 4k that difference has disappeared. I game at 3440x1440 so that is in between.

What I want from my system is the lowest possible power draw with as little noise and little heat as possible. My current system is not meeting those requirements. Infact this is the worst system I have had in a long time and my take aways from it is getting the right components with the right amount of thermal dissipation.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12