Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at 28

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at 28

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Far more often than not it is, habitual substance abuse is rarely a result of happenstance. Whether the person is aware of it or not, it's usually done to numb emotional pain (then becoming a source of pain itself). This is why counselling is a strong component of any treatment, otherwise you're bound to simply replace one destructive habit with another. It's that thing you don't want to face that messes you up.
    And other times there is nothing at all to it but sheer boredom or falling in with other people’s habits and having no drama of your own.

The very difference between substance abuse and addiction is that the former is aware of it. The latter either isn’t aware or actively ignores it to the expense of all else as they can’t see themselves doing otherwise.

I know it’s hard for you to believe but people can actually abuse substances purely for ****s and giggles and then also walk away from it when something dictates the need to do so.

Addiction is ignoring that need and being unable to change the behaviour for personal benefit or the benefit of others.
    Last edited by SauRoN; April 22nd, 2018 at 01:59 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    And other times there is nothing at all to it but sheer boredom or falling in with other people’s habits and having no drama of your own.

The very difference between substance abuse and addiction is that the former is aware of it. The latter either isn’t aware or actively ignores it to the expense of all else as they can’t see themselves doing otherwise.

I know it’s hard for you to believe but people can actually abuse substances purely for ****s and giggles and then also walk away from it when something dictates the need to do so.
    Why would that be hard to believe? That goes for most people, we're talking about the people who don't just do it for ****s and giggles and do struggle to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Addiction is ignoring that need and being unable to change the behaviour for personal benefit or the benefit of others.
    You're not saying anything other than some people have substance abuse issues and others don't. Not having a substance abuse issue doesn't mean you don't ever abuse substances - the difference, as you say, is whether or not you have sufficient agency in the choice. A man who's organs are already failing due to excessive alcohol consumption by the age of 21 is not a man in control of his drinking.
    Last edited by KenMasters; April 22nd, 2018 at 04:14 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    Aw such sad news🥀

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Row-_S View Post
    Aw such sad news��
    look at him he's a baby eish

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    look at him he's a baby eish
    So true , so much joy he's given to people via music but....
    I for one can get an instant lift when I'm down by just viewing the levels music video

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345