Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: LG OLED TV Discussion

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    My mate in Australia paid slightly more for his LG OLED than I did for mine.

So it’s not always a case of being more expensive.

America being the exception generally.
    Something I think a lot of people also forget when looking at U.S. prices - they don't include tax.

2. Saying Thanks:

SauRoN (January 11th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Possibly because we have a critical shortage of competent people in SA? Because when I've previously had issues with Samsung and LG products it was an absolute nightmare getting them fixed? That if the high end TV's were to come to SA(which is unlikely) there would only be a small amount floating around so the repair personal would have very little experience with them?
    Actually I've found when buying my E6 that LG contacts you directly to ensure you have support for the TV for 3 years. I think because its a premium version they want to ensure you keep buying their products to so they make an effort to get support to you.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by WarGod ZA View Post
    Speaking about cheaper here than somewhere else.

was looking at some routers last night, saw this at R3999 on takealot.

https://www.takealot.com/nighthawk-p...r/PLID49521207

Importing it from amazon is R5500.

I'm not gonna buy it, but it was damn interesting that that company is actually cheaper than importing it from america(usually its cheaper to import) als TA is cheaper than anyone in SA.
    I find it hit and miss that importing from Amazon is genuinely cheaper.

Often rather a case of being more available.

Certain items do win out though. I know recently with Black Friday you could get SSD's for a couple of hundred cheaper than here.

Recently bought some simple storage boxes on Amazon simply because I couldn't find them anywhere locally.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Something I think a lot of people also forget when looking at U.S. prices - they don't include tax.
    This is exactly why the Amazon pricing often screws things a bit as they obviously exclude tax for export goods, but if you were in America that would not be the case.
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    This is exactly why the Amazon pricing often screws things a bit as they obviously exclude tax for export goods, but if you were in America that would not be the case.
    What I mean is that the prices at which they advertise goods often don't include tax, as is typically done in South Africa or Europe. You go to a supermarket in the U.S., the price you see on the shelf is not what you pay at the till. In the same way, I see people look at the price a certain TV might retail for in the U.S., but they don't seem to realise that's sans tax.

Game IDs
    Experience

What I mean is that the prices at which they advertise goods often don't include tax, as is typically done in South Africa or Europe. You go to a supermarket in the U.S., the price you see on the shelf is not what you pay at the till. In the same way, I see people look at the price a certain TV might retail for in the U.S., but they don't seem to realise that's sans tax.
    Yeah but that wouldn't be possible as Amazon serve the whole US and each state does tax on a different basis plus some counties and cities add their own. So you could end up paying nothing in some states and upto 11% in other places

Game IDs
    Experience

Game IDs
    Experience

Personally most impressed with this year's Panasonic, that would be the one I'd go for if I were in the market this year - especially if you don't have a HT system. In regards the LG OLEDs, the built in pattern generator is a great addition.
    Last edited by KenMasters; January 12th, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yup I was 100% on the same page with you.
    Hidden Content

11. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (January 13th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

hey guys whats your opinion on Size vs Quality

Im trying to make my mind up on either the oled 55 inch Samsung or the 4k led Samsung 65 inch the distance between the TV and the couch is +-3m

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25414243444546474849 ... LastLast