Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183213229230231232233
Results 2,321 to 2,328 of 2328

Thread: LG OLED TV Discussion

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    I don't know, I haven't heard of that model number - maybe a variation specific to the SA market?
    Yeah it's weird, after digging a bit it seems the CS stands for Cinema Screen. https://www.lg.com/eg_en/tvs/lg-oled65cs6la

So like a C2 with a different design perhaps
    Last edited by baasgene; July 29th, 2022 at 11:11 AM.

2. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (July 29th, 2022)  

Gaming Wizard
    786| M.U.F.C
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperSKN View Post
    On 2174 hours lol
    Absolute madman, lmao.

The pixel refresh waits until it can be performed, shouldn't be a problem. Where you might have a problem though is if it's interrupted during the process. I've read it can cause things like pixels striping.

Ah okay, so that's a general feature now? On the older LG OLEDs you could access it from the general menu, but at some point they made it a service menu only option. I guess it's back. Since buying my C9 I don't follow the new sets that closely.
    Yeah, think since the CX it's been available like this. In the EU Market though, the TV's don't have the ability to check their usage.

There is an app they can use on a PC that can show it, however.

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    @KenMasters

Any idea what this is? Does seem to have the newest generation chipset. We still don't have the C2 and G2 but this popped up recently

https://www.lg.com/za/tvs/lg-oled55cs6la

Doesn't seem like it's for sale yet though.

Perhaps this is the C2's market name locally?
    Used to think Console was enough 'till I built my first PC
    PS5-Disc¯\_(ツ)_/¯3080 12G-R5 5600x¯\_(ツ)_/¯LG C1 55"

4. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (July 29th, 2022),  ReaperSKN (July 29th, 2022)  

Experience

Mmm, disappointed slightly.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

LazyDemoni (August 3rd, 2022)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Hello everyone. It sure has been a very long time since I've logged in and posted anything. Looking for some advice if anyone can assist?

I recently purchased the 48" LG OLED C1 Gaming TV (Got it at a steal for R16999) and primarily for use with a PS5. I used the following page as a guide - the "Overall Recommended Settings Chart for C9/CX/C1/C2". I know these types of things are not magically going to work for everyone and for every room but I thought it was a good start. Link

So gaming is good, I must say. I can't really complain there. (sometimes audio is a little touch and go for me personally)

Streaming movies and series...that's where I'm struggling.

Watching The Sandman on Netflix this weekend, I am just not impressed. I see Netflix will force Dolby Vision when using the native app. I've even switched over to Netflix on my PS5 instead to avoid Dolby, but it still looks pretty subpar. We watched Doctor Strange via the Disney+ TV App in 4k and it was okay... Here I thought I was finally stepping into the modern world with this TV and being able to watch stuff in 4k but I'm not very convinced right now.

I'm not 100% sure what I've done wrong or if I should get my eyes checked but just thought if anyone has the same TV and can point me to a better guide, I'd really appreciate it. *Standard apartment, lounge area is not super dark, not super bright.
    Hidden Content

- To be forgotten is worse than death - Freya FFIX

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Orion475 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure what I've done wrong or if I should get my eyes checked but just thought if anyone has the same TV and can point me to a better guide, I'd really appreciate it. *Standard apartment, lounge area is not super dark, not super bright.
    What do you find wrong with Dolby Vision? I see the guide you used says to use Dolby Vision Home, but that's an offset for a brighter living-room, the more accurate setting is the regular Dolby Vision one. In fact looking over them, all the settings are for a brighter living room, gamma should be 2.4 for example. Also you should use HGIG for games, not DTM...

...but if your complaint is it's not bright enough, then I suppose his suggestions are valid for you. Though I don't know why he would drop brightness to 49, it's common to find even 50 too low on an LG OLED.

9. Saying Thanks:

Orion475 (Today)  

Game IDs
    Experience

What do you find wrong with Dolby Vision? I see the guide you used says to use Dolby Vision Home, but that's an offset for a brighter living-room, the more accurate setting is the regular Dolby Vision one. In fact looking over them, all the settings are for a brighter living room, gamma should be 2.4 for example. Also you should use HGIG for games, not DTM...

...but if your complaint is it's not bright enough, then I suppose his suggestions are valid for you. Though I don't know why he would drop brightness to 49, it's common to find even 50 too low on an LG OLED.
    Regarding brightness at 49, my tv is one of them that probably had the blacks wrong from the factory, at 50 I don't have perfect blacks (the blacks becomes a super dark grey, so basically the oleds switch on where they should be off)

This was the case with both my C7 and now CX.

This can only be picked up with a pitch black screen in a completely dark room at night, and if there is even a 2% picture on the screen then it won't exhibit the issue then it does become perfect black (or rather it seems like that it does but probably doesn't)
    Last edited by baasgene; Today at 10:13 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

I see for games, it wasn't on HGIG. So I've done that now.
    Switched over to Dolby Vision Cinema and brought screen brightness up to 60. Will test properly in the evening of course.
    Thanks for some of these tips.
    Hidden Content

- To be forgotten is worse than death - Freya FFIX

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    Regarding brightness at 49, my tv is one of them that probably had the blacks wrong from the factory, at 50 I don't have perfect blacks (the blacks becomes a super dark grey, so basically the oleds switch on where they should be off)

This was the case with both my C7 and now CX.

This can only be picked up with a pitch black screen in a completely dark room at night, and if there is even a 2% picture on the screen then it won't exhibit the issue then it does become perfect black (or rather it seems like that it does but probably doesn't)
    Visible black extends below the video black floor, sometimes black is supposed to be grey. Are you saying that letterboxed bars are grey instead of black? From my experience and others I've spoken to online, the miscalibration from factory goes the other way, where 55 or even 60 is the correct black level.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion475 View Post
    I see for games, it wasn't on HGIG. So I've done that now.
    Switched over to Dolby Vision Cinema and brought screen brightness up to 60. Will test properly in the evening of course.
    Thanks for some of these tips.
    60 is probably too high. Here are some free test patterns to judge the SDR black level setting by:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/avs...ration.948496/

Just be sure not to change the HDR/DV Brightness setting from its default.
    Last edited by KenMasters; Today at 10:37 AM.

Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183213229230231232233