Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272102118119120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,216 of 1216

Thread: LG OLED TV Discussion

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tag11 View Post
    Wowzers, not the topic of this forum, but quite the thread :-)

Each to their own - but you do know that it is also possible to have the wife and kid AND have everything else if you work for it, and get a bit lucky I guess.

Everyone has their own priorities in life.
    It was just a little bit of kidding around.

Wasn’t lamenting having kids or not having a Lamborghini.

Just joking that the one is infinitely more easy to do without the other.

There are always compromises to be made.

On a serious note working hard also means time away from the kids which is it’s own compromise. Striking a balance is a difficult thing and not always all that simple.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tag11 View Post
    Wowzers, not the topic of this forum, but quite the thread :-)

Each to their own - but you do know that it is also possible to have the wife and kid AND have everything else if you work for it, and get a bit lucky I guess.

Everyone has their own priorities in life.
    It's less about the money and more about the time you have to enjoy life Some people like to enjoy life through the eyes of their kids which is awesome in its own way, but I'm just super blessed to live in this day and age where we have so many games dropping every year that are worth playing.

Everyday I'm excited to get home just so that I can get that man cave online, I play from 18:30 to 23:00 every week day and most weekends from 08:00 to 23:00 if I'm not braaing with my friends. And it's just magical!

Experience

I want to get married and have kids one day but I feel like I should first be really well off so I can spend time at home when the family most needs me.

...also gotta make sure that the kids don't become gambling addicts or think that mobile counts as gaming. Failed as a parent once they think thats acceptable.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    It was just a little bit of kidding around.

Wasn’t lamenting having kids or not having a Lamborghini.

Just joking that the one is infinitely more easy to do without the other.

There are always compromises to be made.

On a serious note working hard also means time away from the kids which is it’s own compromise. Striking a balance is a difficult thing and not always all that simple.
    All good... I think we're all on the same page here...

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    It's less about the money and more about the time you have to enjoy life Some people like to enjoy life through the eyes of their kids which is awesome in its own way, but I'm just super blessed to live in this day and age where we have so many games dropping every year that are worth playing.

Everyday I'm excited to get home just so that I can get that man cave online, I play from 18:30 to 23:00 every week day and most weekends from 08:00 to 23:00 if I'm not braaing with my friends. And it's just magical!
    Ironically, my life was consumed by work before we became parents (we started late), if anything, I wish I'd spent more time on holidays/experiences before. Having a family actually brought things more into perspective, and as a result the good times are appreciated even more.

But yes, I can't deny what you guys are saying ;-)

5. Saying Thanks:

SauRoN (December 2nd, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    btw I wanted to ask @KenMasters

Since the PS5 is in permanent HDR mode, is it safe for our Oleds on 100 backlight the whole time even if you play ps4 games that don't have hdr?

Or does the ps5 revert to sdr with ps4 games that don't have hdr?
    I've tried playing a few SDR titles with the HDR setting on since I last replied to you, and it is actually bright to the point I would worry about games with white/high level HUDs. It's also just uncomfortable in some titles, I hope Sony adds a proper auto option at some point.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    I've tried playing a few SDR titles with the HDR setting on since I last replied to you, and it is actually bright to the point I would worry about games with white/high level HUDs. It's also just uncomfortable in some titles, I hope Sony adds a proper auto option at some point.
    Yeah I also realized it's pretty bright, but at no point has my eyes burned like back when I used 80 backlight on SDR. So it's slightly better, I would compare it to SDR 60-70 light at least.

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272102118119120121122