Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 215167686970717273 LastLast

Thread: LG OLED TV Discussion

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post
    For the 48"?

We are worried about a $500 console coming in under R10k, how would a $1500 TV do so?
    Sorry, wrong thread, I meant that for ps5 pricing.

2. Saying Thanks:

creemyv (March 18th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    I'm still willing to pay R30k for a 55" CX. I should add a but* to that since I am still extremely happy with the C8. Once the next gen consoles take advantage of those features my big concern will be the pass through. Will it go into my AVR or my TV then to my AVR?
    You'd need a new AVR for the HDMI 2.1 features, you'd have to connect direct to the TV and audio via eARC out to the AVR.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    You'd need a new AVR for the HDMI 2.1 features, you'd have to connect direct to the TV and audio via eARC out to the AVR.
    Was wondering can you plug your new consoles into your tv, use eARC to the amp but then also have all your other inputs plugged into the amp and use the eARC connection to do the video for other devices?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Was wondering can you plug your new consoles into your tv, use eARC to the amp but then also have all your other inputs plugged into the amp and use the eARC connection to do the video for other devices?
    Sure, the connection works both ways.

Experience

I cry because I have to set my PS4 pro RGB output to limited because Persona 5 gives super dark scenes ...but the red in contrast looks absolutely amazing.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

I cry because I have to set my PS4 pro RGB output to limited because Persona 5 gives super dark scenes ...but the red in contrast looks absolutely amazing.
    But that's where OLED is at its best? Is your room well lit? If you play in the dark then it should be great

Experience

The problem is its too dark. Unless you play in the dead of night your going to have a hard time differentiating the areas.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Limited is the correct setting, it should not be set to Full for TV output.

Try changing the gamma in game mode to raise the average brightness level.
    Last edited by KenMasters; April 2nd, 2020 at 10:44 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Limited is the correct setting, it should not be set to Full for TV output.

Try changing the gamma in game mode to raise the average brightness level.
    Yep, everytime I install a new nvidia driver, the first thing that I have to do is set the damn nvidia control panel settings to limited again. I always do clean installs.

A monitor is normally on full which is why it defaults to that. But a tv must always be limited.

I'm actually playing Persona 5 royal now on the ps and man what an epic visual treat, I still had the samsung ks8500 when the original persona 5 was launched. The oled really is in a different class.
    Last edited by baasgene; April 3rd, 2020 at 08:59 PM.

11. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (April 4th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    Yep, everytime I install a new nvidia driver, the first thing that I have to do is set the damn nvidia control panel settings to limited again. I always do clean installs.

A monitor is normally on full which is why it defaults to that. But a tv must always be limited.
    I think something that gets lost about using Limited is that the signal being sent to the TV isn't limited, it's still a full 0-255 image that's being sent to the TV.

The TV then masks black below 16, the image passing naturally in and out of black as per developer intention (in the case of console games). On modern displays the upper range still goes all the way to 255.

When you set your console to Full, you're hard clipping the picture at 16 and lopping off the image detail above 235 then blowing out that limited image to full range. This skews the gamma and increases potential banding (note, this does not happen with PC output).

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    I'm actually playing Persona 5 royal now on the ps and man what an epic visual treat, I still had the samsung ks8500 when the original persona 5 was launched. The oled really is in a different class.
    Yea, Persona 5 was the first game I played on OLED, the colourful 2D art style really pops!
    Last edited by KenMasters; April 4th, 2020 at 07:28 AM.

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 215167686970717273 LastLast