Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Is there any reason why humans shouldn't go vegan?

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Where's the coffee?
    Wife of a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    George
    Posts
    456
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    At the end of the day we weren't designed to be herbivores. We are omnivores. Whether you decide you want to have a carnivore only or herbivore only diet is your own choice. I'm not going to go full carnivore just because some lumber jack chops down a forest.

    The bigger issue is how our live stock is being produced. The growth hormones and all that is bad enough for us. Also statistically we do not have enough food to sustain the current human population.
    Just to your point to "not enough food". Food waste is currently a big problem in the modern world. Not sure on how accurate the numbers are, but just googling food waste most sites say about a 1/3 gets wasted. http://www.fao.org/save-food/resources/keyfindings/en/

  2. #82
    Colossus
    Interesting times.
    MarioAna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    34,318
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wife of a Gamer View Post
    Just to your point to "not enough food". Food waste is currently a big problem in the modern world. Not sure on how accurate the numbers are, but just googling food waste most sites say about a 1/3 gets wasted. http://www.fao.org/save-food/resources/keyfindings/en/
    Not just wasted off our plates but most of the modernised world has heigh obesity levels. People eat way too much while others starve it seems.

  3. #83
    Addicted Member noman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4,842
    Experience

    Default

    high protein and creatine

  4. #84
    Oupa CaptainE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,459
    Experience

    Default

    If no one ate meat then the animals would eat all the veg and grass and whatever else vegans eat meaning all the vegans starve. They should thank us heartless carnivores for ensuring their survival.

    Eating meat to me makes evolutionary sense. Do you know how much plant protein one has to eat to match what you get from a steak. Not to mention minerals like iron etc.

  5. #85
    Gaming Wizard StarBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,551
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    Not just wasted off our plates but most of the modernised world has heigh obesity levels. People eat way too much while others starve it seems.
    That also comes into an income effect though. I don't eat the garnish that is on a burger so I ask it to be removed. That said it is still portioned and prepped for use even if it is not for me. I have to admit I tend to buy stuff that I end up throwing away. I only eat fillet when it comes to red meat and chicken. I just leave so much on the bone otherwise.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

  6. #86
    Junior Member
    Negative

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Krypton/Metropolis
    Posts
    25
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayingItCool94 View Post
    This is another thing that I tried bringing up but after a bit of reading I found this:

    Human beings have the ability to consume other animals’ flesh and display the predator characteristics of forward pointing eyes and four sharper teeth called “canines.” Unfortunately this is where the basis for this reasoning ends.

    Human beings’ bodies, by virtually every measure, are intended to eat plants, not flesh. We have flat grinding teeth with jaws that can move from side to side. Virtually no other meat-eating animal has jaws that move side to side, because for animals that eat flesh the possibility of injury is too high in jaws with lateral flexibility, in addition to the fact that meat-eating animals don’t chew their food, but instead tear pieces from carcasses and swallow them whole, and thus don’t need flat teeth.

    The canine teeth we possess are dubiously small for any sort of the stabbing all other species use their canine teeth for. It you compare our canine teeth to those of our distant relative gorillas, which are completely vegetarian, you will see that even those gentle giants have canines that outmeasure our own greatly.

    Humans have long folding intestines that allow for food to move slowly through our digestive system, which allows our bodies to absorb as many nutrients as possible before the food is passed.

    Animals who eat meat regularly have incredibly short intestines because meat may contain harmful pathogens and will putrefy in their guts if not processed quickly.

    We lack the proper PH in our stomach acid to digest meat properly without thorough cooking. An animal who eats meat has the stomach PH of less than or equal to 1, whereas plant-eating animals have a PH of 4-5, which is what human beings have.



    And honestly it stumped me, we can't eat raw meat like most animals it's true, our bodies weren't made for hunting prey without using tools, we don't have meat-eater teeth or claws. I was losing the debate to the vegans at this point.
    Did the same research as most if my family is vegetarians.

    This is what I found:
    1. Most off the about doesn't take into account evolution
    2. Go back further then modern times
    3. We not meat eaters but a hybrid.

    Humans are hunter gatherers.
    Before we learnt to tenderise meat.. our jaws were bigger and teeth were completely differently shaped.

    Humans were meant to eat a variety of food meat included.
    If you need to take suppliments to get vitamins and other stuff then you are NOT eating properly

  7. Saying Thanks:

    SPR1NGBOKKE (May 18th, 2018)  

  8. #87
    Very Senior Member
    why are you reading this and not my post?
    leGendSouTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Namibia-Swakop
    Posts
    1,840
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Answer 2 questions,

    What happens to all the farm animals and the farms if the world decides on a vegan diet ?

    To answer the above u are going to really have to dig deep and put a realistic and objective chain of thought together. I can promise you it will not be as simple as ur vegan/tree hugging chronies will lead you to believe.
    I will help you with a part of the question,
    Question: what happens to the farms?
    Answer: The farmers all plant crops: tomatoes,broccoli,cabbage,spinach etc Wrong:Only 5% of South African land is suitable for crops.
    Question: What happens to the farm animals?
    Answer: Answer this and u will have answered your own question !!!!!!
    I have the exact same argument. what happens to the farms, transport industry, cold stores, slaughter houses and all other industries related to the meat sector? What happens to those employed in that sector? What makes the life of a cow/sheep/chicken more important that the life of a human trying to provide for his family?

    I don't mind vegetarians, for the most part they happily live their lives without forcing their dietary lifestyle on others. Vegans tend to try and force veganism on everyone via social media. I had(removed her long ago) a friend on Facebook that would share 4-5 articles a day about animal slaughtering and what not, half the articles were fictitious bullcrap made to stir up more vegans. There was no facts provided or research done.

    The same girl I mention above, she converted her husband to veganism. Now he was a stocky man, with good muscle structure. A year later they posted a photo on facebook, holy crap he was half the man he used to be. I thought he got cancer or something he looked so skinny.
    Hidden Content
    Visit Hidden Content for my Blog as a Saffa in Namibia

  9. #88
    Senior Member Anglo_Saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    484
    Experience

    Default

    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...term=Soy%20Boy

    Soy Boy

    A modern effeminate male, typically a millennial. A self-described feminist-leftist who majored in Social Justice Studies, Gender Studies, Ethnic Studies, Theater, Dance or any other range of useless college degree fields. Shows fear and revulsion at the sight of masculine men. Usually appears in public wearing flannel, skinny jeans often of a short length to resemble Capri pants. May have dyed hair and a beard that he spends at least a half hour each morning grooming. Urinates standing up in a stall in the men's room rather than at the urinal. Has a penchant for expensive Starbucks flavored drinks with soy milk and flavored craft beer. Likely a vegan or vegetarian. Raised by dominant man-hating feminist mother either without a father or with a cuckold henpecked man for a father. May own a car, likely a Toyota Prius or Nissan Cube, but has no concept of how to open the hood or change a tire. More likely rides a fixed gear bike. Completely lacking in any mechanical skills and proud of that fact. May spends hours or days gaming in his mother's basement. Offers nothing to society.


Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •