Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Most gamers never complete singleplayer campaigns

Very Senior Member
    Found nothing. No Shame, No Pride
    Game IDs
    Experience

Struggling to get WatchDogs 1 done on pc. The driving kills it for me.
    Be your own hero, it is cheaper than a movie ticket
    They'll try to break you and wash away your colors.

3DS: Erasor
    FC: 1547-5399-2513

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nucleous View Post
    I complete 90% of the single player games I buy after starting them(don't look at my backlog), the one's I don't complete are rubbish.

Was busy with Nier and Ni No Kuni 2 but then God of War came along and rules them all. Will get back to both the others. Already 15 odd hours into both.
    I'm slugging through Gears of War 4 now, this game sucks so bad, but after 100gb download I better get through this crap, why does Xbox only have rubbish first party titles? Only good game is Forza Horison 3 and Hot Wheels DLC.

MP on the other hand, if I ever play one of those for longer than an hour it's a miracle, exception being Overwatch Blizzard knows how to make some grade A gaming cocaine... Call of what? Battlewhatnow?
    This is why I have a backlog. If I start a game I will finish it. Maybe not plat or 100 percent but I will finish.

I don't get not finishing your games. I may put games down if I really am not liking it but eventually come back and finish. Case in point FFX end game grinding luck for Dark Aeons. Hated it but got it done.

I normally have 2 or 3 games going at a time. 1 plot heavy rpg, something brainless and something retro.
    Last edited by CaptainE; May 18th, 2018 at 09:43 AM.

3. Saying Thanks:

nucleous (May 18th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by cowbrains View Post
    Does the Xbox even have any single player games worth playing?
    I'm confused is state of decay the name of this game or a description of the Xbox One exclusive library?

5. Saying Thanks:

cowbrains (Yesterday),  Siphon (May 18th, 2018)  

Experience

A game has to be utter **** for me to not finish it. I just choose where to invest my game time wisely. I have a fat backlog sure but I don’t have many unfinished games.

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Madala_ZA View Post
    A game has to be utter **** for me to not finish it. I just choose where to invest my game time wisely. I have a fat backlog sure but I don’t have many unfinished games.
    Same here, only game I can think of that I didn't finish for being utter **** was shadow of the colossus on ps3.

Experience

Fact is its much easier to make a game where the gameplay is surrounded and drowned out by other player interaction. If you take a game like Divinity OS2 and have 3 other people play with it compliments the experience and elevates it into something disproportionately mind blowing. People not finishing games is nothing new. I didn't even get to play most of black ops 3 because the games campaign sucked and the multiplayer was **** taking me 10 minutes to get into a laggy game. So technically I never even finished the multiplayer either.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

So this stat actually made me a bit sad. In fact I didn't believe it at first but @Vast_aire posting trophy stats is a pretty accurate metric. But ultimately I think the reason is simply that there's way more casuals out there than core gamers. And my proof for this is if you check trophy stats for MP games. Example:

Overwatch level 50 trophy is sitting at 33%

I'm not big into MP games and I'm over level 300 on Overwatch.

Level 50 for Overwatch is nothing. 2/3rds of people who bought Overwatch have hardly played the game.

Maybe others can do the same for BF, CoD, Destiny, TitanFall etc as I don't play those so won't know the trophy references.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234