Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming board games

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buffel View Post
    I'm interested in not supporting Solarpop.
    But but Solarpop handles all LotR: The Card Game products and I love that game.
    Well most of the LotR stuff is out of stock anyway at Solarpop, so I've had to go overseas for more games anyway.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    I have been doing regular checks on Raru's import prices and they are actually not that bad, sometimes only about R50 more than what Amazon would charge. I have ordered some through them and will probably order some more as it's easier especially when there is more than 1 item involved and would have to go through multiple sellers if going via Amazon.
    In reply to Buffel's statement, I was specifically referring to the price of locally-sourced games versus the price of the same game if it were imported.

For example a locally-sourced copy of Betrayal Legacy (perhaps from Solarpop) at Raru is R1,268 whereas the same game via Raru imports is R2,230.

3. Saying Thanks:

Stu (November 9th, 2018)  

Banned
    Feelin' it

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onelargeprawn View Post
    In reply to Buffel's statement, I was specifically referring to the price of locally-sourced games versus the price of the same game if it were imported.

For example a locally-sourced copy of Betrayal Legacy (perhaps from Solarpop) at Raru is R1,268 whereas the same game via Raru imports is R2,230.
    Ah yes, that is true. Solarpop does offer some decent prices.

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

I'm assuming that Raru has a different supplier than Solarpop, though. From what I heard, Solarpop dictates the markup that retailers must set so you end up with prices like the R1500-odd that Timeless charges. Though take it with a pinch of salt, since it's largely hearsay.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Buffel View Post
    I'm assuming that Raru has a different supplier than Solarpop, though. From what I heard, Solarpop dictates the markup that retailers must set so you end up with prices like the R1500-odd that Timeless charges. Though take it with a pinch of salt, since it's largely hearsay.
    I sent many queries to Raru about board games and local stock, and they do list the stock Solarpop has. I'm assuming Betrayal Legacy is from Solarpop, you might want to check up on that if you're interested in ordering it.

As you say it's largely hearsay but if you do find any solid info, please so post the URLs here. It'll make for interesting reading.
    Last edited by onelargeprawn; November 9th, 2018 at 03:55 PM.

7. Saying Thanks:

Buffel (November 9th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Black Angel is released.

Just an FYI for those that cared.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    Black Angel is released.

Just an FYI for those that cared.
    Did you order it?

Game IDs
    Experience

Did you order it?
    Right after I order Alien Frontier Faction Definitive edition. Already got the base game's 5th edition on order. So budget first going to the expansion box and then Black Angel.

Also got a few sets of those Sleeve Kings you mentioned. Very excited to hopefully have found a viable great replacement for FFG MayDay sleeves.

Should be here in 2 weeks.

11. Saying Thanks:

onelargeprawn (September 6th, 2019)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    Right after I order Alien Frontier Faction Definitive edition. Already got the base game's 5th edition on order. So budget first going to the expansion box and then Black Angel.

Also got a few sets of those Sleeve Kings you mentioned. Very excited to hopefully have found a viable great replacement for FFG MayDay sleeves.

Should be here in 2 weeks.
    Priorities, I understand.

It's a pity Alien Frontiers doesn't have a solo mode. I would love to play it more.

I hope those sleeves will work out. FFG are priced too much for my liking so a low-cost alternative is always appreciated.

Did you see that Raru has also listed the Folded Space inserts? They are unreleased as yet but there is a decent selection. Some of them are priced too much for me but I'm told it's good quality.

Game IDs
    Experience

Anyone into any heavy Euro's? I looked at my shelf of - admittedly - limited games and realised I don't have a single really complex game. Something in the vein of Journeys of Marco Polo or Teotihuacan: City of Gods or Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar.

I'm tracking Trismegistus at the moment as I love the alchemy theme and it is supposed to be a heavy brain churner. Also as solo mode which is tops.

Anyone else have heavy Euro's they like?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast