Thread: Plotholes? *SPOILERS*

Very Senior Member
    The quest for Zero AI
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Plotholes? *SPOILERS*

Not sure if there's a thread like this already?
    Post here if you just finished watching a movie and didn't get something.
    Normally your wife can explain what you missed. Otherwise ask here for forum help.
    Obviously SPOILER WARNING!
    I love this place

Very Senior Member
    The quest for Zero AI
    Game IDs
    Experience

Black Panther
    I thought it worked like this:
    The current Wakandan king is the current (and only) Black Panther. He is the one who took the magic herb and now has super human speed / strength / healing capabilities.
    Only when he passes, does the next in line take the herb and get the suit.
    If this is true:
    1 - At the time of the UN bombing T'chaka is still king / Black Panther / has superhuman strength / healing capabilities.
    Maybe it was a really big bomb (and he obviously didn't have the suit on), but it seems to me that he should have survived that?
    2 - At that time T'challa was not king. How did he already have the suit and powers? Why is it removed when he faces the challenge when he is crowned king, instead of only getting it after he becomes king?

I watched the attached video and did a Google search, but came up short. What am I missing?
    I love this place

Oupa
    in the Awesome 1 I trust
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by wgb View Post
    Black Panther
    The current Wakandan king is the current (and only) Black Panther. He is the one who took the magic herb and now has super human speed / strength / healing capabilities.
    If this is true:
    1 - At the time of the UN bombing T'chaka is still king / Black Panther / has superhuman strength / healing capabilities.
    Maybe it was a really big bomb (and he obviously didn't have the suit on), but it seems to me that he should have survived that?
    2 - At that time T'challa was not king. How did he already have the suit and powers? Why is it removed when he faces the challenge when he is crowned king, instead of only getting it after he becomes king?

I watched the attached video and did a Google search, but came up short. What am I missing?
    The only explanation is that the timeline of the movie is between the events of his father´s death and before is apparition in Cap Am: Civil War

Oupa
    in the Awesome 1 I trust
    Experience

Black Panther
    If this is true:

Didn't quite get the bold part...

Other explanation might be that he only wore the suit during Civil War but didn't have the power yet. Can´t remember if he showed any super powers during Civil War. But remember that many things are already incorporated within the suit has it is made of vibrariam... etc etc

Very Senior Member
    The quest for Zero AI
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hasnain_G View Post
    The only explanation is that the timeline of the movie is between the events of his father´s death and before is apparition in Cap Am: Civil War
    Have you actually watched Black Panther yet?
    I love this place

Experience

Yeah but it also raises the question how Cap knew about Winter Soldier killing Tony's parents and/or at which point did he mention it?
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    "This ends tonight." —Arkham Knight
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Yeah but it also raises the question how Cap knew about Winter Soldier killing Tony's parents and/or at which point did he mention it?
    Cap and Black Widow found out about Howard and Maria Stark's assassinations in Winter Soldier, when they came across Arnim Zola in that secret SHIELD/Hydra bunker. He didn't know it was Bucky that assassinated them at the time, but he was aware that they were murdered and neglected to mention this to Stark before the 3rd act in Civil War.

Very Senior Member
    The quest for Zero AI
    Game IDs
    Experience

WTH are u guys on about?
    To me the timeline seems extremely obvious as explained here.
    When the story shifts to the present day, it picks up immediately after the events of Captain America: Civil War. This means that it’s only days after T’Challa lost his father and Wakanda lost its king.
    The traumatic occurrences of Civil War sets up the events of Black Panther entirely, as T’Challa takes over the role of the king of Wakanda and has to face off against any contenders to the throne.

After he defeats the contender he takes the herb to get his powers back. They cover him in dirt and he goes to have a chat with his dad in the afterlife.
    How did you watch that scene and think that the dad will only get killed later / if you believe Civil war takes place AFTER Black Panther?
    I love this place

Oupa
    in the Awesome 1 I trust
    Experience

WTH are u guys on about?
    To me the timeline seems extremely obvious as explained here.
    When the story shifts to the present day, it picks up immediately after the events of Captain America: Civil War. This means that it’s only days after T’Challa lost his father and Wakanda lost its king.
    The traumatic occurrences of Civil War sets up the events of Black Panther entirely, as T’Challa takes over the role of the king of Wakanda and has to face off against any contenders to the throne.

After he defeats the contender he takes the herb to get his powers back. They cover him in dirt and he goes to have a chat with his dad in the afterlife.
    How did you watch that scene and think that the dad will only get killed later / if you believe Civil war takes place AFTER Black Panther?
    Read again please... I said *between*, which would place the whole black panther movie after is father death but before is apparition as black panther in Cap Am.

You are looking for an explanation on black panther appearance in civil war. I am just providing one...

Very Senior Member
    The quest for Zero AI
    Game IDs
    Experience

Read again please... I said *between*, which would place the whole black panther movie after is father death but before is apparition as black panther in Cap Am.

You are looking for an explanation on black panther appearance in civil war. I am just providing one...
    Oh OK. So you mean you thought the timeline went like this?
    During Civil War:
    T'chaka gets killed in the bombing
    Jump to events in Black Panther:
    T'challa gets powers and suit
    Carries on with all the stuff that happens in that movie
    Jump back to Civil War:
    T'challa now gets around to wanting to kill Bucky because he thinks he's responsible for the bombing that killed his dad.

Not sure how you could have watched both movies and thought that's how things stitch together...
    I love this place