Thread: Huawei Customer Service

Experience

Default Huawei Customer Service

TL ; DR : Huawei's customer service is amazing.

I bought my wife the Huawei Mate 10 Pro in December. Fast forward a few months and she dropped the phone flat on it's face. She only had the cover that came with the phone, but it wasn't enough to protect her phone from accelerating to 9.8ms/s and suddenly stopping.

The screen seemed fine, up until she couldn't access the screen, and blue patches started popping up all over. (Device was unfortunately not insured)

I phoned Huawei customer service to get a quote for a screen replacement on Sunday at 14h30, and surprisingly they answered. I told them the story, and they said no issue because with the phone and the after-sales service, you get either 2 screen replacements and 1 board replacement, or vice-versa. The consultant was friendly, helpful, and took the time to make sure I had all the info I needed. They even provide a courier service if you live outside JHB, FOR FREE. Unbeknownst to me, the phone also came with a 3 year warranty, which is unheard of in today's world.

Today, I took the phone in to their store in Melrose Arch this morning, took 5 minutes for admin, handed it in, and they said the phone will be ready for collection in 2-7 business days. I was even told that if the phone can't be fixed, I would be getting a brand new one.

Overall, a very positive interaction with the company.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with huawei, just thought I'd share my experience with them.
    previously known as manu55

2. Saying Thanks:

SpYkz (May 23rd, 2018),  Wyvern (May 21st, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yup.

People think of Huawei as this dodgy fly by night chinese Mickey Mouse company.

Meanwhile they are one of the biggest tech companies in the world and in the Top 10 with Apple, Microsoft, Google etc and more so they make pretty much every other mobile phone work as their core business is really the backend systems.

Most of the SA mobile networks are Huawei based.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Very Senior Member
    Give me Online Gaming!!!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Iam on my 2nd Huawei and never ever been so happy.

Even got my mother to get huawei and she is very happy(And she has never been happy with any phone)

Brother wife also moved over and very happy

So Huawei all the way
    Running a new Slim ps3 320gig.Games I have:Battlefield Bad Company 1,2,3Hidden Content Hidden Content Uncharded 1,2,3,Heavy Rain,2010 World Cup South Africa,Blitz II,Mercenaries2,The Godfather 2,COD 5,Grid,GTA 4,Gran Turismo 5 Prologue,Tekken 6,Mlb07,Nfl Head Coach 09,Nfl Tour,Mlb Front desk manager,NNLP Paintball,Fifa Street 3,Midnight Club:Los Angeles,UFC 2009,MW1+2+3,WWE12,Fifa 09,10,12,13,Mafia 2,NCAA,Lomu Rugby,International Cricket 2010,Prototype 1,2 and about 100 others
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Best Trader 2013
    Married
    Game IDs
    Experience

I am the biggest Huawei fan around. I waited eagerly for the P8 to launch and got it! I still have the same phone and its going strong after nearly 3 years! Runs smooth, fast and battery life is still a full day with heavy use after all this time.

Their after sales is great (its like the Samsung ADH of old) and to give a phone 3 year warranty shows how much they believe in their product!

I was going to upgrade to the Mate 10 Pro but still waiting and deciding. No need for a new phone, rather put the extra cash towards something else more important than a phone at the moment!

But yeah, I won't ever get a different brand of phone as going from Samsung to Huawei I have not been happier

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

You'll be amazed but on the carrier side of things if you buy one of their core switches to be installed in a data centre I swear they send the Chinese oke who built the thing along to install it and make sure it works.

It's a pretty crazy business model but it seems to work.

The likes of Nokia and Ericsson couldn't give a toss.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Very Senior Member
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
    Game IDs
    Experience

I have to admit, I was skeptical at first, but reviews for all thing Huawei especially word of mouth, made me get the P Smartphone as my upgrade. 3 months later and I am saving up to get the Huawei tablet next. Their qualty, ease of use and just in general everything, has made me a believer. I however was informed by Vodacom about the screen replacement/hardware replacement as well as warranty on the phone when I got it. That was the cherry on the cake.

Addicted Member
    Experience

Huawei is a very good brand. They do have their shortcomings too though.
    In terms of build, its good but i am still waiting for someone to drop their IP67 certified Huawei in some water.
    Software wise i must say that they are not that good as they quickly forget about the older devices and their capabilities to handle the newer versions of Android too. All my phones has been on Vodacom and the worst thing they could ever do and insist on doing is rolling out their devices with their branded OS which makes updates on OS even worse.

Been a Sony fan all my life and there was something about a P6 that was just exquisite in style and needless to say I got a Pink one and used it for a good year before handing it down to my wife when i upgraded to the even more stylish P7. Fell into a pool one day and the phone literally fried.

My wife then moved onto the P9 Lite and now P10 lite.

Their devices are awesome for the lower budget ranges as you get value for money but after moving over to a LG G4 i can't see myself using a FHD screen ever again. They really need to up their game on their screens for "flagships", but i see they're slowly but surely advancing in this section.

They are bang for buck, and in RSA i guess that's what we want.