Thread: Sinclair Gaming console

Experience

Default Sinclair Gaming console

Got a whatsapp from my stepmom that a guy at her work is selling a Sinclair gaming console and games. I have never heard of it but looks to be linked to the ZX Spectrum.

Wondering if there would be any interest. I myself am not. that retro but more than willing to buy and then sell on.

Will be sent pics at lunch time.

2. Saying Thanks:

Madala_ZA (May 25th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yes the ZX-Spectrum was a Sinclair.

Basically it's manufacturer/brand vs model but most people don't put the two together.

Was my first console and I stupidly threw it away a few years ago like an idiot.

You'll see the "Sinclair" branding top left but it's not too obvious.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

4. Saying Thanks:

Neptune (May 29th, 2018)  

Experience

I would be interested.
    Please ask the price and some pics.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by error View Post
    I would be interested.
    Please ask the price and some pics.
    Got 1 pic yesterday. Won't use it here since it is a terrible pic. Will go take my own pics this weekend and test everything since I cannot say with any certainty if it works. Drop me your digits via PM and I can send you that pic.

Guy is looking online to get a price but have told him not to overprice. @TheSource you are the gaming pricing expert here, any idea what a fair price is?

Game IDs
    Experience

I recently received a ZX Spectrum myself - although the keyboard membrane was so brittle it just crumbled when I opened the machine to composite mod it. I've ordered another membrane - apparently it's not a very difficult swop. As far as I understand you can use a normal tape recorder for data - I'd assume there is a way to use a phone or other audio source. There are some interesting home-brew games for the platform I'd like to try.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
    I recently received a ZX Spectrum myself - although the keyboard membrane was so brittle it just crumbled when I opened the machine to composite mod it. I've ordered another membrane - apparently it's not a very difficult swop.
    Not a difficult replacement. Just take care with regard to the ribbon connectors.

Experience

Went to go look at the thing last night. Actually two machines but have no way to know if they work since psu for one is missing the plug and the other he appears to have been running off a 9v battery via a clip adaptor.

Experience

I've picked up 3 of these so far, good condition ones with power supplies, software, manuals and extras go for around R600. I've picked up 2 that were in a non working condition, one was in good shape and the other was pretty bad but came with a quickshot 2 joystick with port that connects directly into the ZX, I paid R150 and R100 for these.

I have 2 original power supplies for these units but they are not very good. Their power output is not constant and can heat up the ZX unit itself very quickly. Luckily 9V DC 1.5A power supplies are common and cheap and I would recommend this option over the original power supply.