Thread: LG 55LF650T configuration

Very Senior Member
    Now drop on the deck and flop like a fish
    Experience

Default LG 55LF650T configuration

Hey

So I bought a LG 55LF650T tv last week, everything looked fine when testing it on movies etc. But I connected everything at home and there seems to be a major issue when long consistent areas of blue or green (but blue is by far the worst) are displayed (basically... think the default color schemes of the UIs of the PS4 and Xbox one). The best way to describe the issue is that it almost looks like scanlines from CRT tvs. I have prodded with the setting for hours now and whatever I do it does seem to improve things but every now and again these lines catch my eye when watching movies or playing a game. In some way it seems every second row (horizontal) of pixels have a bit different color to them then the previous one.

The image quality when watching 3D is also pathetic as the black lines become even more abundant under this setting. The one thing that basically removes these lines if I put the Color setting to 0 (ie grey scale) then the lines disappear completely, which makes me think there should be a way to put the settings to have them gone. The TV has been updated to have the latest firmware available.

Checking on the web I find very little information on the TV and its configuration settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by UnforgivN; May 28th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

3. Saying Thanks:

UnforgivN (May 28th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Any chance you selected 1080i output instead of 1080p?

That's all I can think of going by the description but maybe a picture would help.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

5. Saying Thanks:

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Have you tried a different HDMI cable?
    I always half except when I read these kinds of things that someone will come back and say oh but they aren't using HDMI just the Red/White/Yellow cable they've always used.

At least in the case of PS4 we know that's not the case.
    Hidden Content

7. Saying Thanks:

Very Senior Member
    Now drop on the deck and flop like a fish
    Experience

Thanks guys, doesn't seem related to the HDMI cables as it appears the same when playing from a USB device as well :/ The picture is fine in most cases and we watched a full 3D movie on it yesterday, but there is a definite color difference between every second horizontal line of pixels, I started playing he new wonder boy game on it yesterday and the lines just basically draws my attention away when playing the game. I tried taking a picture of it, but it doesn't show at all on any of the pictures I took, but I found someone interested in still buying it from me (losing R1000 or so), if the deal doesn't fall through I will be getting a 7-series curved 55" Samsung. Will pick up another 3d tv when I find one again and will be doing much more testing before actually buying it!
    Last edited by UnforgivN; May 29th, 2018 at 08:59 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

I wonder if this is not due to the polarising film LG put on their 3D TVs. Do you wear contacts or glasses maybe?

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UnforgivN View Post
    Thanks guys, doesn't seem related to the HDMI cables as it appears the same when playing from a USB device as well :/ The picture is fine in most cases and we watched a full 3D movie on it yesterday, but there is a definite color difference between every second horizontal line of pixels, I started playing he new wonder boy game on it yesterday and the lines just basically draws my attention away when playing the game. I tried taking a picture of it, but it doesn't show at all on any of the pictures I took, but I found someone interested in still buying it from me (losing R1000 or so), if the deal doesn't fall through I will be getting a 7-series curved 55" Samsung. Will pick up another 3d tv when I find one again and will be doing much more testing before actually buying it!
    Why would you sell it to someone for a loss? Return the bloody thing.

Also do you have a picture of this yet?
    Hidden Content