Thread: Hide or Die - 1v15 Asymmetrical Horror Multiplayer

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Hide or Die - 1v15 Asymmetrical Horror Multiplayer

So I recently found this project on Kickstarter, and decided to back it

The video looks very promising, and kind of like a much darker, more mature version of Dead by Daylight

Thoughts?

Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah watched some gameplay the other day and I think it looks pretty cool for a Battle Royal. I think this game has potential if you like the 'setting' and 'type of gameplay'.

There is two things that I dont like:

- Looks like weapons are hard to find, which sucks.
    - Seems like the player is running away and hiding all the time (Yes the name says that) but I prefer a Battle royal where you play offensively.

Might give it a go though.
    The storm follows in my wake

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    Yeah watched some gameplay the other day and I think it looks pretty cool for a Battle Royal. I think this game has potential if you like the 'setting' and 'type of gameplay'.

There is two things that I dont like:

- Looks like weapons are hard to find, which sucks.
    - Seems like the player is running away and hiding all the time (Yes the name says that) but I prefer a Battle royal where you play offensively.

Might give it a go though.
    This isn't battle royal at all though - Battle Royal is everyone vs everyone, last man standing wins. This falls into Asymmetrical Horror where one killer is out to kill everyone else, and everyone else needs to complete objectives to escape the killer, two totally different game types

Asymmetrical Horror = Friday the 13th, or Dead by Daylight if you need another example
    Last edited by Arcanecynic; June 5th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.
    Humanity's a failed experiment, walking the path to extinction.The earth will shake and the waters will rise. The elements reclaim what was taken.

Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanecynic View Post
    This isn't battle royal at all though - Battle Royal is everyone vs everyone, last man standing wins. This falls into Asymmetrical Horror where one killer is out to kill everyone else, and everyone else needs to complete objectives to escape the killer, two totally different game types

Asymmetrical Horror = Friday the 13th, or Dead by Daylight if you need another example
    Ah ok my bad, yeah the youtube videos are misleading then. Everyone post videos about this "Horror Royal" game so I thought it was everyone vs everyone. Dead by Daylight is such a pot kak that I might not try this after all...
    The storm follows in my wake

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    Ah ok my bad, yeah the youtube videos are misleading then. Everyone post videos about this "Horror Royal" game so I thought it was everyone vs everyone. Dead by Daylight is such a pot kak that I might not try this after all...
    With Dead by Daylight, the plan was great, but the execution in certain aspects are ****, and it gets stale very quickly - The developers don't really care much about killers, and work around buffing survivors more than anything else.

I can see this being different in many ways, like it being more open, larger map, first person, no pallets to loop the killer endlessly, it looks good so far. Should be getting my Beta keys in early August

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

The game has been successfully backed in under 10-days

I took the $55 backing option for the limited Krampus Skin

If it looks anything like the existing artwork in the web, it's going to be one freaky @ss killer

IMG_9337.jpg

Addicted Member
    Wait.... What???
    Game IDs
    Experience

Backers are getting Steam beta keys in August, cannot wait to test this out - Just wish there was more hype around it, it looks seriously good.