Thread: Jared Leto’s Joker Is Getting His Own Movie (EXCLUSIVE)

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Default Jared Leto’s Joker Is Getting His Own Movie (EXCLUSIVE)

I haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, what was Leto's Joker like? Could he do well in a standalone movie?
    Personally the look of his Joker isn't my favourite.

Jared Leto’s Joker Is Getting His Own Movie (EXCLUSIVE)

Warner Bros. is looking to expand on Jared Leto’s version of the Joker, which debuted in 2016’s “Suicide Squad,” with a movie of his own.

Sources tell Variety that Leto is set to star and exec produce an untitled standalone film, paving the way for future movies branching from “Suicide Squad.”

Plot details are currently unknown, but the studio’s idea is to expand on the world created by “Suicide Squad” and tie into future installments of that property. Warner Bros. already announced that Margot Robbie’s version of Harley Quinn would be getting her own movie with a “Birds of Prey” feature, and the next goal was setting up a film for Leto’s Joker.

More
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

2. Saying Thanks:

UrBaN (June 6th, 2018)  

Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010 + 2011
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

Jareds Joker should have had a backstory in Suicide Squad involving Jared Leto as Jason Todd and tortured by the joker we know. There was so many theories about him before the film came out that just made so much sense.

But they screwed it up. Jareds Joker at face value isn't bad, just different.

If they can separate his story away from the joker we have known to love over the years it can work.
    Last edited by Coldcat; June 6th, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

4. Saying Thanks:

abev (June 6th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I actually like this idea.

I didn't love his Joker in Suicide Squad, however there's a couple things with that:

1. He was the first person to don the Cyanide Smile since Heath Ledger - I'm not sure anyone would have been able to pull it off honestly.
    2. We really didn't see much of him or any backstory or anything else really. He shared a lot of screentime with other characters and had a lot of his scenes cut so there's not really much to go on.
    3. Suicide is largely regarded as average-at-best, so he was never going to be loved anyway.

If they take their time and write a decent script, flesh out the backstory and let him act, I think it could be really good.

We just need to be sure we aren't doing an HL comparison because that wouldn't be fair to either of them.