Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Rain Mobile Thread

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1
    Experience

    Default Late Activation

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiden04 View Post
    are you on their unlimited package for R250 ? i'm thinking of using it purely for gaming
    I am disappointed they are taking forever to activate my data card. I took delivery last week but up till now they haven't done anything to activate it. Disappointed

  2. #12
    Very Senior Member sesh17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    1,243
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munyaelliott View Post
    I am disappointed they are taking forever to activate my data card. I took delivery last week but up till now they haven't done anything to activate it. Disappointed
    did you call them to activate?, I had to call previously

  3. #13
    Junior Member Fanaticit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    14
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    I'm ordering a Rain package now, just wanted to check with you guys that bought months ago if it's still good? For gaming what types of pings do you get? I'm really interested in the Fortnite side.
    Life is too short to safely remove USB.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lenasia
    Posts
    29
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanaticit View Post
    I'm ordering a Rain package now, just wanted to check with you guys that bought months ago if it's still good? For gaming what types of pings do you get? I'm really interested in the Fortnite side.
    I think you'd have to be specific about area hey. Some people I know on Rain in the north get terrible speeds whereas I get decent speeds in the south .

  5. #15
    Oupa
    my pronoun is god emperor duke, learn it bigot
    marmeduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    JHB
    Posts
    5,341
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Finally got coverage but when I asked my bud who has it he says his speed has taken a massive dump. You guys still happy with Rain?
    Last edited by marmeduke; November 20th, 2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Survivor of the longest and harshest ban in forum history.

  6. #16
    Gaming Wizard
    ..XV..
    HookX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,578
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmeduke View Post
    Finally got coverage but when I asked my bud who has it he says his speed has taken a massive dump. You guys still happy with Rain?
    Did you go through with it?

    Anyone else still using this??

    With my ADSL down and my local techy saying it might be another week or two I decided to investigate some alternatives..

    Opted for the Huawei E5885 with the unlimited R250 deal.. Checked my phone picks up a Rain LTE signal if you force it to manually pick mobile networks and I'm also now in the coverage area on their map.. Hopefully this can become a viable alternative when the DSL goes down. I'd be happy with anything in the region of a consistent 10meg during the night..
    <<Final Fantasy XV>>


  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Best Trader 2011
    Myth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ravensmead (Cape Town)
    Posts
    2,863
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HookX View Post
    Did you go through with it?

    Anyone else still using this??

    With my ADSL down and my local techy saying it might be another week or two I decided to investigate some alternatives..

    Opted for the Huawei E5885 with the unlimited R250 deal.. Checked my phone picks up a Rain LTE signal if you force it to manually pick mobile networks and I'm also now in the coverage area on their map.. Hopefully this can become a viable alternative when the DSL goes down. I'd be happy with anything in the region of a consistent 10meg during the night..
    Quite happy with mine, same package. I get speeds between 10 and 15 megs.

  8. Saying Thanks:

    HookX (January 16th, 2019),  marmeduke (January 16th, 2019)  

  9. #18
    Very Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amanzimtoti, Durban
    Posts
    1,233
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HookX View Post
    Did you go through with it?

    Anyone else still using this??

    With my ADSL down and my local techy saying it might be another week or two I decided to investigate some alternatives..

    Opted for the Huawei E5885 with the unlimited R250 deal.. Checked my phone picks up a Rain LTE signal if you force it to manually pick mobile networks and I'm also now in the coverage area on their map.. Hopefully this can become a viable alternative when the DSL goes down. I'd be happy with anything in the region of a consistent 10meg during the night..
    I've really been happy with my off-peak uncapped option. You can get good speeds pretty all the time. Usually above 10 mbps. I only wished they had a affordable anytime uncapped option with a month to month option. I'd sign up for that in a hearthbeat. At present I still have to keep my capped rain package from afrihost to cover the 18:00 to 23:00 timeslot.

  10. Saying Thanks:

    HookX (January 16th, 2019),  marmeduke (January 16th, 2019)  

  11. #19
    Very Senior Member Vura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PTA, Laudium
    Posts
    1,440
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakey_ZA View Post
    I've really been happy with my off-peak uncapped option. You can get good speeds pretty all the time. Usually above 10 mbps. I only wished they had a affordable anytime uncapped option with a month to month option. I'd sign up for that in a hearthbeat. At present I still have to keep my capped rain package from afrihost to cover the 18:00 to 23:00 timeslot.
    I am also looking to get the unlimited off peak directly from RAIN, is it any good in terms of speed & throttling ?
    Capture.JPG

    Currently on the RAIN(from Mweb) back when it was that double data deal got the B618 router

    Need the unlimited to download the Monthly PS Plus tittles

  12. #20
    Ghost of Sparta
    ∆POLΧA☐Y
    JoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    17,956
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    I've got the two sims from them. It works fine and does the job but the service has declined since inception for me. I've not noticed any throttling though I've not abused it (or come close to that) but a few friends have been making the best of it and don't seem to have any issues.

  13. Saying Thanks:

    Vura (February 1st, 2019)  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •