Poll: Is cheating stealing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is cheating in games, stealing?

Game IDs
    Experience

Cheating and stealing are such powerful words. Depending on who the developer is would determine how i viewed my actions. I mean if i found a way to pilfer loot boxes in Star wars battlefront 2 i guarantee you i wouldn't blink an eye. Star Wars being one of the best games ever, or so i have been told. I did not buy the game on the grounds that it was a slot machine. EA being the developer of the game and in my mind the biggest culprit of destroying the gaming industry with micro transactions deserve nothing less than gamers doing there level best to ****, steal, cheat and destroy that game.

However there are some great developers who put gamers first and then reap the rewards (profits) because the community acknowledge and respect the product. They do not manipulate the unsuspecting/naive adolescent who does not know better. These type of company's i would never try and cheat or steal from.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

Aim bots, Jitter mods, M/K on console when used in a multiplayer game is cheating. Some fool is going to mention Hori M/K that was endorsed by sony. It was endorsed because sony are freeking greedy and trying to get PC players on to console. Any person with an ounce of savvy will know that a M/K gives an unfair advantage, hence therefore cheating.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

The end

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Aim bots, Jitter mods, M/K on console when used in a multiplayer game is cheating. Some fool is going to mention Hori M/K that was endorsed by sony. It was endorsed because sony are freeking greedy and trying to get PC players on to console. Any person with an ounce of savvy will know that a M/K gives an unfair advantage, hence therefore cheating.
    Then you could regard kontrol freeks , scuff controllers etc as cheating

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sesh17 View Post
    Sesh my man, mmmmm.....Bait? Ok.

I have played PC for many years using M/K. PS4 I have had for about 2 years using the standard controller. The control that you have with a M/K compared to a controller is like night and day. How many gamers will tell you they are using M/K on a console, u see where this going?. Nun,nadda, f0kk0l cause they know what they are doing is wrong. How many players on PC are using controllers? nun, nadda, f0kk0l. Why?

A scuff controller will/might give you a slight edge depending on the game being played but nothing close to the control that a M/K will give.
    Control freeks, some people love them and some people hate them.
    I have never had a gamer try and hide that he is using a scuff controller or control freeks, where as the mouse and keyboard losers will deny it to the death.

Experience

In Killing Floor 2, I found a way to farm the weekly event over and over.I would do it like 15 times a day and get 15 loot boxes.

Those loot boxes only contain cosmetic items, so there is no advantage other than to look cool with new gun skins and clothing accessories.

Pay to play doesnt exist in this game thankfully.

Pro Tip : if your game has a weekly event, you can probably farm it by changing your console day to last week or a random date in past /future and then rebooting the game!

Experience

Then you can also regard a spec of dust that landed in the exact middle of your tv as cheating also, since if that dot is over someones head you can just get headshots without aiming.

6. Saying Thanks:

Viking (June 8th, 2018)  

Experience

Kontrolfreeks are just like good running shoes

M/K is Caster Semenya cheating

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Sesh my man, mmmmm.....Bait? Ok.

I have played PC for many years using M/K. PS4 I have had for about 2 years using the standard controller. The control that you have with a M/K compared to a controller is like night and day. How many gamers will tell you they are using M/K on a console, u see where this going?. Nun,nadda, f0kk0l cause they know what they are doing is wrong. How many players on PC are using controllers? nun, nadda, f0kk0l. Why?

A scuff controller will/might give you a slight edge depending on the game being played but nothing close to the control that a M/K will give.
    Control freeks, some people love them and some people hate them.
    I have never had a gamer try and hide that he is using a scuff controller or control freeks, where as the mouse and keyboard losers will deny it to the death.
    bait lol, what a person uses or doesn't, I really don't care, and of course companies will try to sell stuff you don't need to enjoy the game,

most gamers won't hide their scuffs or kf because those are "mlg" approved or used in comps, you know sponsorships but those are still additions to a stock controller so you may as well use a m/k

being mvp with my stock controller if anything it means more to me

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Kontrolfreeks are just like good running shoes

M/K is Caster Semenya cheating
    Zola Budd did it , whats your excuse

10. Saying Thanks:

Viking (June 8th, 2018)  

Experience

Zola Budd did it , whats your excuse