Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Loving the game so far, it's quite tricky and you have to think about your actions, just a bit irritating that you're not always sure where to go next, the game can be quite overwhelming sometimes...
    It’s supposed to give you a general idea without spelling it out for you. Being influenced by tabletop RPGs you can then approach it in various ways.

Experience

@Squidbeard

Just cause I know you are getting this.

Here are some tips I can give for any other new players as well:

1. Use a custom char, with my recommendation being a Polymorph. It's a cool class, and the skills are really handy.

2. Make sure Lohse is in your party, as her story is the best in the game. I played her as a conjurer. A conjurer is incredibly handy due to the summoning, and I cant recommend this class enough.

3. Make sure Fane is in your party. Fane is an important character, and his story unravelling has a major bearing on the story of Divinity as well. He can also naturally lockpick, and he can walk through Deathfog. Very useful.

4. Last party member you can decide. I would add a Str char like Red Prince, as later in the game a tank is very useful.

5. SAVE SAVE SAVE. I cannot stress this enough. Save always, and every time you get somewhere new. You will be badly burnt if you forget to save.

6. The char stats Persuasion, barter and thievery are gold. Have these 3 traits as mains on any characters, and you will be very happy.

7. This is a biggie. Before a fight that triggers after dialogue, there is a great trick you can do. When a character engages in dialogue, detaching the others gives them freedom to still walk around. So what you do is trigger dialogue with your main or a tank, and then position the rest of your party strategically while that dialogue box is open. So your mages/arches you can move to high spots, and melee you can move to where enemies are. This will save your skin MULTIPLE times. Trust me.

8. Do everything. This game gets tough, and I did almost every quest available and was still scraping through some fights (looking at you Voidwoken)

I will add more if I think of any, but those are some genuine good tips imo, and I spent more than 200 hours on my first play-through.
    Last edited by Jer1cho; September 7th, 2018 at 01:18 PM.

3. Saying Thanks:

Squidbeard (September 7th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Enjoyed the first game but I also got it during a buy 1 get 1 free sale so had I paid for it I probably wouldn't feel the same way. The first was enough to make me want to play this but definitely not at launch price and during this part of the year when there are so many great games coming out. Will pick this up when it hits the R300 mark.
    PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12