Thread: [HELP] Cannot connect to Xbox Live via Backwards Compatibility

Game IDs
    Experience

Default [HELP] Cannot connect to Xbox Live via Backwards Compatibility

I'm facing a mildly annoying problem. I've troubleshot to a point but not sure how to proceed.

I'm on Vodacom fibre at the moment and for some reason I can't connect to Xbox Live via backwards compatibility. I connect fine from the X1 dashboard. When I boot up a x360 title, I need to download my profile as it is the first time I'm doing this on my X1X. I get a message saying it can't connect to XBL together with the option to perform a network test. If I choose to do the test it takes me to the X1 dashboard and all is fine there. There's no error code, by the way on the X360 notification.

I googled the problem and a few people had the same issue. The only resolution that seemed to work for some is to delete and redownload their X1 profile which I did to no avail.

My NAT is open and the console is in the DMZ.

I tried using my LTE router and THAT worked so it's isolated to my Vodacom network.

I try Vodacom again and now my profile is there but it doesnt connect to Live. The workaround is to maybe connect the LTE router periodically so my saves get synced to the cloud; I'm not fazed on multiplayer gaming yet but when I decide to boot up Halo Reach that will be a different story.

My question is, has anyone experienced the same problem and do you have a solution? Or is it something only Vodacom can fix (I'm not going to even try contacting them to explain unless I can identify the exact problem)

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by QuiXilver View Post
    I'm facing a mildly annoying problem. I've troubleshot to a point but not sure how to proceed.

I'm on Vodacom fibre at the moment and for some reason I can't connect to Xbox Live via backwards compatibility. I connect fine from the X1 dashboard. When I boot up a x360 title, I need to download my profile as it is the first time I'm doing this on my X1X. I get a message saying it can't connect to XBL together with the option to perform a network test. If I choose to do the test it takes me to the X1 dashboard and all is fine there. There's no error code, by the way on the X360 notification.

I googled the problem and a few people had the same issue. The only resolution that seemed to work for some is to delete and redownload their X1 profile which I did to no avail.

My NAT is open and the console is in the DMZ.

I tried using my LTE router and THAT worked so it's isolated to my Vodacom network.

I try Vodacom again and now my profile is there but it doesnt connect to Live. The workaround is to maybe connect the LTE router periodically so my saves get synced to the cloud; I'm not fazed on multiplayer gaming yet but when I decide to boot up Halo Reach that will be a different story.

My question is, has anyone experienced the same problem and do you have a solution? Or is it something only Vodacom can fix (I'm not going to even try contacting them to explain unless I can identify the exact problem)
    Vodacom is blocking some port you need by the looks of it

3. Saying Thanks:

QuiXilver (June 14th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Vodacom is blocking some port you need by the looks of it
    Yeah I'll try and get a comprehensive list of ports the xbox communicates over and ask Vodacom to check which of those are blocked and ask them to open it.