Thread: What is going on with Telkom's DNS servers?

Experience

Default What is going on with Telkom's DNS servers?

For the past two weeks I've been having problems with my Internet. Browsing the web on my PC would be erratic in that sometimes everything would be fine, but sometimes websites would take forever to load up. I would also get errors every now and then, saying something about bad DNS lookup, or DNS timeout, or something similar to that. On my PS4 I would constantly get errors during my gaming sessions saying something about losing connection to the servers or some other DNS error, just like on my PC. On one of my PS4 error logs it actually says that connection to the DNS server timed out. So I finally got fed up and went into my MODEM's settings, and changed the DNS settings from "auto" to manual, and I switched to using the Google DNS servers, 8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4., and ever since then my Internet has been working better than ever. No more errors. No more disconnects. No more websites taking forever to load. In fact everything loads up much faster now than ever before. And best of all no more loss of connection while gaming on my PS4. So just WTF is going on with Telkom's DNS servers?

You're all diamonds. We'll make diamonds from their ashes
    Experience

You can also try cloudflare’s dns 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 I’ve found it working much faster than googles dns lately.
    |Xbox One X | Samsung 4K TV | Apple Macbook Pro|

3. Saying Thanks:

HookX (June 18th, 2018),  Uberutang (June 17th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Praise Lord GabeN
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Crow777 View Post
    You can also try cloudflare’s dns 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 I’ve found it working much faster than googles dns lately.
    1.1.1.1 is by far the best DNS available from my experience. Unfortunately, not all ISPs support it. Some use equipment with 1.1.1.1 as an internal default address for certain protocols, which breaks the DNS. Works for me though on Cool Ideas fortunately.