• 500gb

1 11.11%
  • 1tb

8 88.89%

Thread: xbox one 500gb vs 1tb.

looking for a new concole and new wifi routering a new console

Experience

Default xbox one 500gb vs 1tb.

i would like to know from those who actually own an xbox 500gb or 1tb please tell me how many games you saved/downloaded to your harddrive before running out of space. apparently its only possible to play games that have been installed on the xbox even if it is from disc and google says that approximately 10-12 games can be stored on a 500gb console. Much Thanx

Experience

Simple mathematics..... Depends on the size of the games you are installing?

3. Saying Thanks:

Knightimraan89 (June 20th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I had the 500gb and it ran out quickly once I got Halo, that was about 100gb for the collection, I then had Gears Remastered, Ori, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct and Evil Within and that brought me up close to half way. I didn't have many games and was on about 350gb. So yeah 1tb or an external drive is needed, not much different to a PS4, that also requires an full install.
    PSN ID - Ibuki-Lord

Hidden Content

5. Saying Thanks:

looking for a new concole and new wifi routering a new console

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
    I had the 500gb and it ran out quickly once I got Halo, that was about 100gb for the collection, I then had Gears Remastered, Ori, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct and Evil Within and that brought me up close to half way. I didn't have many games and was on about 350gb. So yeah 1tb or an external drive is needed, not much different to a PS4, that also requires an full install.
    really helpful, thanks

Deep x Techno
    Game IDs
    Experience

My current setup is 1TB with an external 1TB attached to it. It all depends on what games you are installing.

Maybe something like this could help with your decision: Xbox One Install Sizes

8. Saying Thanks:

Very Senior Member
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Knightimraan89 View Post
    apparently its only possible to play games that have been installed on the xbox even if it is from disc and google says that approximately 10-12 games can be stored on a 500gb console. Much Thanx
    Not apparently. When you insert a disc, the game is automatically installed...and the amount of games stored depends on the individual game sizes.

I currently have (on a 500gb version) FH3, Quantum Break, Ori and the Blind Forest, Red Dead Redemption and maybe 3 other BC games installed, and there's currently roughly 140gb available.

Keep in mind that a fair chunk (around 130bg) of the 500gb HDD is reserved for system use (saved games, OS, etc.), so if you go the 500gb route, only ľ is actually available to you to use. You can arithmetic this versus the 1tb.
    Last edited by McFancypants; June 20th, 2018 at 12:20 PM.

10. Saying Thanks:

Very Senior Member
    Can I play?
    Game IDs
    Experience

As mentioned, its all game dependant! BF1 for example totals in at around 75GB or so. I would say the average game is around 50 -60GB

Also, you do not have access to the full 500GB of the drive.

I run a 4TB external on the X and usually move the current games i am playing onto the onboard drive (in my mind this might have a faster read speed)

12. Saying Thanks:

Knightimraan89 (July 17th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

More space is better.
    If you've uninstalled a game due to limited space, and you want to play it again, you gotta re-download it (which is aggravating with a meh meh internet connection).

I think I have 42 games installed on my 1.5tb of space, but I have no space left for anything else.

I would check to see if the 500gig + 1tb external would be cheaper than the 1tb alone

14. Saying Thanks:

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Buy the 500 and just add an external. Both my X and S is 1tb and I have a 2tb on the S and 2x 4tb on the X via externals.
    AAA 4k Games vary between 30 and 100 gig each. Some like quantum break is near 200gig if you add the 4k tv series part to the download (you can also just stream it).

BC games are 6-11 gig usually.

16. Saying Thanks: