Thread: Ordering process for Play Asia?

Experience

Default Ordering process for Play Asia?

So I wanna pre-order something from Play Asia, never done anything of the sort before, anyone who has able to tell me what the process is like, for example how long the economy shipping takes, is it safe, do I have to pay any customs on it etc

Any help would be appreciated

Oupa
    Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
    Game IDs
    Experience

I ordered Persona 4 Golden a few years back, it took a while to the point that I convinced myself that my package was lost and I'll never receive the game, it eventually came through.
    So my advice is, if you can afford a little extra for a shipping method with a tracking number then go for it, economy shipping is a bit of gamble. I didn't pay any customs on the game though.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by thecrowing View Post
    I ordered Persona 4 Golden a few years back, it took a while to the point that I convinced myself that my package was lost and I'll never receive the game, it eventually came through.
    So my advice is, if you can afford a little extra for a shipping method with a tracking number then go for it, economy shipping is a bit of gamble. I didn't pay any customs on the game though.
    I only get 2 options on checkout, economy and express, game I want to buy is like R420 and express shipping is R463 :l

Oupa
    Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
    Game IDs
    Experience

And this game isn't locally available I assume.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by thecrowing View Post
    And this game isn't locally available I assume.
    Okami for Switch, physical release is Japan only, was looking forward to having it for my collection

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingItCool94 View Post
    I only get 2 options on checkout, economy and express, game I want to buy is like R420 and express shipping is R463 :l
    Your alternative would be to use a freight forwarding service like AGS, and have it shipped to one of its closer locations in Asia. However, you'd have to consider the shipping charge to that location and AGS's charge to set it to SA. For a parcel 0.5 KG or less, AGS will charge R199. Between 0.5 KG and 1 KG, they charge R304. When it gets to customs, it might be considered low value, so you may not pay duties. Then again, you might pay duties.

So all things considered, the express shipping option may be the best option if you want peace of mind that it will actually get here.

Sending it through the normal postal system will most likely work too but then bargain on 6-8 weeks to get here. Customs will most likely charge you at least a minimum of R24-R25 just to receive the parcel.
    Last edited by onelargeprawn; July 5th, 2018 at 05:07 PM.

7. Saying Thanks:

PlayingItCool94 (July 5th, 2018)  

Experience

I just asked Play Asia, they said it's pretty safe and insured but the shipping time (like mentioned in this thread from helpful commenters) is not concrete, I could probably wait 1-1.5 months for it no problem, I was worried it would be something like 3 months and no guarantee it will get here