Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Customs charges

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Seems it's 2 packages of no more than R1400 each.

But they are very specific now about it being from a natural person to a natural person so I wonder if much like the new Travel Card SARS isn't keeping a much closer eye on this now.

http://www.sars.gov.za/FAQs/Pages/755.aspx
    Thanks for the update. Wonder who will be the first company in China to rename their shipping name as Jeff Simons, or give you the option of adding a name they should send it under.
    I know Hobbyking used to give you an option to enter your own shipping value that they should declare it as. But havent used them in a long time so not sure if they still do that.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah I see Banggood give you the option to remove branding from packaging probably for this very reason.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Addicted Member
    Used to be the PUBG King...
    Game IDs
    Experience

I've never paid any custom fees on items marked lower than $20. Stores like Play Asia will usually "edit" an invoice for you to help with custom fees ect (This is actually illegal). In other words, you can buy something for $100 but they will mark it down to about $20 to help you save on the import fees, most Asian stores do this and some only do it if you ask them. Stores like Amazon will always declare the original value which you paid, so you will always pay import fees. Anyway its usually VAT, duties and a clearance charge.

You are only allowed to import 3 items per year these days, after that you will need an importers code. Just to mention, I've imported 6 figures since January and no one asked me for an importers code. I will apply for one if they ask for it. I also use Aramex to ship my stuff for me and not the SA post.
    The storm follows in my wake

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    I've never paid any custom fees on items marked lower than $20. Stores like Play Asia will usually "edit" an invoice for you to help with custom fees ect (This is actually illegal). In other words, you can buy something for $100 but they will mark it down to about $20 to help you save on the import fees, most Asian stores do this and some only do it if you ask them. Stores like Amazon will always declare the original value which you paid, so you will always pay import fees. Anyway its usually VAT, duties and a clearance charge.

You are only allowed to import 3 items per year these days, after that you will need an importers code. Just to mention, I've imported 6 figures since January and no one asked me for an importers code. I will apply for one if they ask for it. I also use Aramex to ship my stuff for me and not the SA post.
    What!? When was this rule instituted?

Is that 3 items or 3 parcels?
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Addicted Member
    Used to be the PUBG King...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    What!? When was this rule instituted?

Is that 3 items or 3 parcels?
    Think about a month or two ago the rules changed according to Aramex. 3 different shipments.

https://www.aramexglobalshopper.com/...f-my-shipments

Cant find the SARS link though.
    The storm follows in my wake

6. Saying Thanks:

Stu (July 16th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    Think about a month or two ago the rules changed according to Aramex. 3 different shipments.

https://www.aramexglobalshopper.com/...f-my-shipments

Cant find the SARS link though.
    Well it doesn't cost anything so that's good. Could face a R3000 fine if you are found with more than 3 imports a year. I used to import a ton but not as much now...
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Experience

I have imported about 8 packages in the last few months through Aramex and have not been asked yet. How do you go about registering and what are the costs?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PoRrA View Post
    I have imported about 8 packages in the last few months through Aramex and have not been asked yet. How do you go about registering and what are the costs?
    It's free to register. You need to fill out the documents, provide the supporting information, and stand in line.

Details here: http://www.sars.gov.za/ClientSegment...Importers.aspx

10. Saying Thanks:

PoRrA (July 16th, 2018)  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123