Thread: Apple Airpods worth it?

Very Senior Member
    Cheese Burger & Fries
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Apple Airpods worth it?

Hi guys

I'm considering buying the Apple Airpods and I'm just looking for some Sagamer people's experience with them.
    I've read some reviews online and most are positive but I'd like to hear your opinion before I take the plunge.

Experience

I absolutely love mine! I use them on a daily basis, never used to use headphones of any sort that often. Having said that, I've been tempted to get some nice noise-cancelling cans as well - Takealot have the Bowers & Wilkins for a great price, but that's another R2k extra. They're quick to pair with your phone or Ipad, and switching between them takes about 10 seconds. Comes in a nifty little charger case as well, although I would consider getting a pouch/case for your charging case as well.

3. Saying Thanks:

Grimm-Preacher (July 17th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Apple Airpods worth it?

Ultimately really depends what you want to buy them for.

If it’s for the functionality and you are at least two devices deep in the Apple ecosystem then by all means they are worth it.

If you want them expecting amazing audio then you are in for a surprise as they sound virtually the same as the wired ones except for a bit more amplification I would say.

This should help.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

5. Saying Thanks:

Very Senior Member
    Cheese Burger & Fries
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Ultimately really depends what you want to buy them for.

If it’s for the functionality and you are at least two devices deep in the Apple ecosystem then by all means they are worth it.

If you want them expecting amazing audio then you are in for a surprise as they sound virtually the same as the wired ones except for a bit more amplification I would say.
    Thanks for the replies @SamVImes @SauRoN I've got a couple of Apple products and that's part of the reason for my purchase but mostly it's the convenience. I actually never knew about the charging case until recently and it seems that charge case makes the world of difference. I'm no Audiophile so the best sound quality isn't a must for me more about quality design and like I said convenience.
    I just wanted to know if you've experienced lots of problems with them in general or heard of anything I should be wary of?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm-Preacher View Post
    I just wanted to know if you've experienced lots of problems with them in general or heard of anything I should be wary of?
    The friends I have that own them all seem to love them.

8. Saying Thanks:

Experience

I've had no problems with mine. As I say, connecting's a breeze. If you take one out of your ear, playback stops. If you put it back, it starts playing again. You can even leave it in the next room, but much further than that is pushing it. The case works well and charges them when not in use, even if it's not charging at the time.

10. Saying Thanks:

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm-Preacher View Post
    As with all things Apple you won't have any problems.

Just convenience and **** that works.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

12. Saying Thanks:

Grimm-Preacher (July 17th, 2018),  SamVImes (July 18th, 2018)  

Experience

I have always found Apples earphones fantastic. Some of the best bass management I have heard in in ears. Never even used the wireless ones but even the wired ones were great.