Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox Scarlett Rumours.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by thecrowing View Post
    Wait so they moving towards streaming games, like PS Now? But I thought PS Now was a kak service?

Experience

Frankly streaming is a kak idea but that is why they are working on 2 xboxes. So maybe they test the waters and see what its like. I'll admit I am curious to see what its like and how long it retains people.
    LG OLED 55E6V|Samsung K950
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Need to sleep
    Game IDs
    Experience

Streaming sucks.

Streaming PS4 from lounge to PC sucks.

Very Senior Member
    Cheese Burger & Fries
    Game IDs
    Experience

All I'm saying is can Microsoft just for once make an attempt at making a handheld...just one. If it bombs it bombs but I'd like to see them try it just once. I know Nintendo has a firm grip on the market and I'm cool with that but I'm sure Xbox can at least try something to compete cause I think Sony is done with the handheld market after the failure of the PS Vita.

Heck I'd love some of those backwards compatibility games on the go.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    No they said games would be better graphically thanks to the power of the cloud and everyone who knew anything said "BS" which it totally was. The market didn't tell them not to do it they just couldn't at the time. I still have doubts about that even 5 years later.

You are thinking about their always online attempt which was also horse poop. This new idea is much better in that it gives people a choice to go digital only or just stay as is with hardware. But the local nodes thing is a big concern because traditionally nobody cares about Africa.
    I'm saying that the Cloud power option was an extension of that business plan and with that being thrown out the cloud side also suffered.

I think the idea was actually quite sound, people at the time just couldn't envision and always online future world...and yet that's exactly where we are now.

Also we forget that it would have included being able to sell digital content second hand....something we lost out on.

We might get an "African" server hosted in the UAE and then good luck with your ping.
    Azure is already here in Africa so it will extend over to Xbox side soon enough and won't be a problem at all.

Except maybe for people in Durban.

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Not going to happen in ps land. Microsoft is just giving Sony the console market imo.
    I seem to recall I made the statement about Xbox specifically and you said there is no way they are making two consoles.

They can give Sony the "console market" because this whole concept goes beyond that and Sony will be stuck on the old tech solutions.

However I think Sony will come to the party too as they've made more than one statement to allude that they want to get out of the hardware market as a cash cow....which means also going for a software/subscription focus and GaaS in the cloud over being stuck to local hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Frankly streaming is a kak idea but that is why they are working on 2 xboxes. So maybe they test the waters and see what its like. I'll admit I am curious to see what its like and how long it retains people.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    Streaming sucks.

Streaming PS4 from lounge to PC sucks.
    This is nothing like PS Now Streaming or other current "video feed" streaming. Large part of the processing will still be happening locally unlike those other services and therefore latency is much less of an issue.

Bandwidth will be the real killer.

Also, as pertains to Sony services they are clueless in this camp so it's no surprise their stuff sucks even locally. Microsoft on the other hand much like Google and Amazon is a Cloud computing power house.

Sony can hardly keep PSN online.

If you've actually used an Azure hosted service (you probably already are indirectly anyway) then you'd know this is the future.
    Last edited by SauRoN; July 24th, 2018 at 01:40 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

6. Saying Thanks:

SojournZA (July 24th, 2018),  Uberutang (July 24th, 2018)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm-Preacher View Post
    All I'm saying is can Microsoft just for once make an attempt at making a handheld...just one. If it bombs it bombs but I'd like to see them try it just once. I know Nintendo has a firm grip on the market and I'm cool with that but I'm sure Xbox can at least try something to compete cause I think Sony is done with the handheld market after the failure of the PS Vita.

Heck I'd love some of those backwards compatibility games on the go.
    This concept goes completely beyond keeping it all stuck to a conventional console under a TV.

It will be very simple to expand to portable hardware made by Microsoft or someone else assuming the device is either online permanently or has a means of caching data for extended periods to allow offline use.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

8. Saying Thanks:

Grimm-Preacher (July 24th, 2018),  SojournZA (July 24th, 2018)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I'm just curious to know what they're going to name the thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12