Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good in ear headset?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Picked up something from game for 150 bucks (forget the exact model) with mute but ended up ordering another hp cheapie online with more traditional oldschool looking earbuds, can't seem to get comfortable with this modern style of earbuds.

So yeah nothing decent yet.
    The more expensive brands come with quite a few earbuds to try. There's one company in the US that send you a wax mould you insert in your ear that you send back and they create a set of earbuds just for your ear but I'm sure the headphones cost a fortune

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    The more expensive brands come with quite a few earbuds to try. There's one company in the US that send you a wax mould you insert in your ear that you send back and they create a set of earbuds just for your ear but I'm sure the headphones cost a fortune
    Yeah that's a bit too advanced for me, actually glad I didn't pick up anything pricier, will look for something proper if the hp ones are comfier to use.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Ultimate Ears? Part of Logitech now.

It more for musician and on stage monitors but you normally have it done at an audiologist and then they send on the moulding details as it's much the same process for custom ear plugs.

Not actually that crazy expensive at about R1000-R2000 for the moulding and labour itself and you can match/pair it to mostly any in ears.

Obviously the professional monitors cost a fortune but that's for the earphones themselves.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Yeah that's a bit too advanced for me, actually glad I didn't pick up anything pricier, will look for something proper if the hp ones are comfier to use.
    You can usually get various options from Comply foam if they are at least of a level to support changing them out.

Why the deep yearning for in ears though?
    Last edited by SauRoN; August 8th, 2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    You can usually get various options from Comfly foam if they are at least of a level to support changing them out.

Why the deep yearning for in ears though?
    Too much of a schlep of using the Sony Gold headset, also when playing mp I can't have the sound and chat from the same source as it doesn't work with my brain. And if I have just chat on the golds then I'm isolated from the game sound.

So figure getting something I can use as that little mono earpiece that comes with the ps4 when playing mp and then also have decent sound at the same time when not in chat would be nice.

I got a gioteck mic sometime ago that's pretty neat and replaces that earbud but I would like an all in 1 solution.

Edit: also being able to use it on other devices for music/videos would be a nice bonus too.
    Last edited by Vast_aire; August 8th, 2018 at 03:03 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

If I realised you were looking for mono only would have sent you the one that came with my console because I've never ever used it.

I kind of get what you mean when you say your brain doesn't deal well with the chat and gameplay audio at the same time as I also struggle to get that balance just right. Would have been interesting if there was an option to just push chat audio to the left or right ear based on preference because I suspect it's got something to do with the way we all have a primary ear to deal with mono sound better and it's probably hearing chat in stereo that makes it confusing.

So you are using these in ears with your home theater setup on in the background? Doesn't the PS4 automatically mute it when you plug it in? It's one of the features I wish the bloody Xbox would wake up to.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    If I realised you were looking for mono only would have sent you the one that came with my console because I've never ever used it.

I kind of get what you mean when you say your brain doesn't deal well with the chat and gameplay audio at the same time as I also struggle to get that balance just right. Would have been interesting if there was an option to just push chat audio to the left or right ear based on preference because I suspect it's got something to do with the way we all have a primary ear to deal with mono sound better and it's probably hearing chat in stereo that makes it confusing.

So you are using these in ears with your home theater setup on in the background? Doesn't the PS4 automatically mute it when you plug it in? It's one of the features I wish the bloody Xbox would wake up to.
    No, I have a mono only earpiece mic thing that I use in place of the earbud that came with the console. I would use the golds but I just prefer to have the chat and audio separate and it's a hassle, realised not long after I got it that overheards just aren't really my thing.

With a regular in ear headset I'm hoping to get same functionality as the mono earpiece at times, as well as good sound at other times without having to switch around as I do now, (pretty much havnt used the golds properly in months if not over a year)

Being able to stick them out of my ds4 and into my phone would just be a bonus.

Have you seen how much that ps4 bundled earbud goes for on its own? it's almost like gold considering its probably a couple cents item in the manufacturing process lol.
    Last edited by Vast_aire; August 8th, 2018 at 03:20 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Didn’t even know you could buy it separately and doesn’t make sense to me that anyone would pay good money for a cheap piece of crap like that.

As you say probably costs a few cents to manufacture.
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12