Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31920212223

Thread: Possible 2080 and 2080ti release this week

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Once you have experienced higher than 60hz refresh rates especially 120hz+ you won't want to settle for just 60. And once you experienced gsync playing without it just does not feel right.
    These are a few reasons I don't want to jump to higher refresh rate monitors or G-Sync monitors just yet.
    I'd feel like I wouldn't enjoy my PS4 gaming as much switching from playing at 1440p with G-Sync 144Hz to a downsampled 1080p at 30FPS on the Pro which doesn't even support 1440p.

Addicted Member
    Come come...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Madala_ZA View Post
    You will enjoy tear-free gaming as long as your gpu is pushing more frames than your panel’s refresh rate.
    That is exactly when you get screen tearing, when you gpu is pushing more frames than what your monitor can handle...

Its when the video feed of the gpu is not in sync with the display's refresh rate, Gsync cancels that out.
    Last edited by Transformer09; Yesterday at 01:21 PM.
    The storm follows in my wake

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    These are a few reasons I don't want to jump to higher refresh rate monitors or G-Sync monitors just yet.
    I'd feel like I wouldn't enjoy my PS4 gaming as much switching from playing at 1440p with G-Sync 144Hz to a downsampled 1080p at 30FPS on the Pro which doesn't even support 1440p.
    Iím using the Sammy 32CHG70 and can feel the downgrade (mainly frame related) when I play on my PS4 Pro. But the unexpected benefit I found (I really didnít expect this) is that even though my monitor is 1440p, the Pro video settings show it as a 4k screen (with hdr). So itís downsampling to 1440p and giving me the hdr love I need as well when Iím on my PS4.

Experience

Default Possible 2080 and 2080ti release this week

Quote Originally Posted by Transformer09 View Post
    That is exactly when you get screen tearing, when you gpu is pushing more frames than what your monitor can handle...

Its when the video feed of the gpu is not in sync with the display's refresh rate, Gsync cancels that out.
    Oh youíre right. I thought it was the other way round. I have not had tearing in any game in months. Why would that be so? Is it because I lock my monitor to the frames the card can push for the game Iím playing?

Edit: Nvm. I see. Itís because Iím playing on a 144hz monitor and most games canít push 1440p at 144. Love your work, thanks dude.
    Last edited by Madala_ZA; Yesterday at 01:46 PM.

5. Saying Thanks:

Transformer09 (Yesterday)  

Addicted Member
    I don't know the cool kids haven't placed me yet...
    Experience

@Selecta if you do go TN just make sure itís an 8 bit panel and not 6 bit. If I did go TN (like if I was forced to go TN in a life and death situation) it would be a higher end model for sure.
    Considering the Dell. I think I'd be able to live with the viewing angles.

Why I'm considering a Freesync is because it's within my budget for an IPS, 144, 1440, 27 inch monitor with a decent response time. The G-syncs are all double digits.

I just bought a 1080Ti, so I think I'm sorted with the refresh rate.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Selecta View Post
    Considering the Dell. I think I'd be able to live with the viewing angles.

Why I'm considering a Freesync is because it's within my budget for an IPS, 144, 1440, 27 inch monitor with a decent response time. The G-syncs are all double digits.

I just bought a 1080Ti, so I think I'm sorted with the refresh rate.
    Nice dude. Congrats on the 1080Ti. Only thing I love more than my card is my family

The Dell 2716DG is true 8 bit. So given what you said above, itís probably a good bet for you!

8. Saying Thanks:

Selecta (Yesterday)  

Experience

I read factory calibration on the 2716DG is **** kak. So do some research to tweak it a bit. But otherwise I believe itís pretty much as close as a TN panel can get to IPS.

Addicted Member
    I don't know the cool kids haven't placed me yet...
    Experience

Nice dude. Congrats on the 1080Ti. Only thing I love more than my card is my family

The Dell 2716DG is true 8 bit. So given what you said above, it’s probably a good bet for you!
    Thanks dude.

LOL, maybe don't tell your family that.

11. Saying Thanks:

Madala_ZA (Yesterday)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Selecta View Post
    Thanks dude.

LOL, maybe don't tell your family that.
    They know

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31920212223